Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Free 30-minute long distance but charged after the 4th minute

When I got my koodo sim card, the attendant told me that I have free 30 minutes of long distance calls monthly. So, I made a quick call to the Philippines, about 6 minutes; but when I reviewed my first bill, only the first four minutes was free and I was charged for the succeeding minutes. I don't understand why. Can someone please enlighten me. Thank you!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Long distance within Canada, not to the philippines. Who would offer 30 minutes of international calling for free like that?
Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

Long distance within Canada, not to the philippines. Who would offer 30 minutes of international ...

Apparently it's a promotion for immigrants to Canada, but it's only for the 1st month. I never heard of that when I was at Mobile Shop so maybe it's a bit newer.
Userlevel 5
Hey guys! What xperiaZ is referring to here is the New Immigrant Program. This program allows permanent new immigrants that have no Canadian ID or Canadian credit history to activate postpaid services with Koodo. It can only be used when a customer has none of the following forms of identification:
  • SIN
  • Drivers Licence
  • Canadian Passport
  • Canadian Credit Card
Also, The New Immigrant Program is only available to customers who have been in Canada for less than 6 months and have a Permanent Resident status. If you were activated under this program xperiaZ, you should be getting 30 min of free long distance calls every month. Since I do not have access to your account, I cannot see if you have this feature. Can you please send us an email on this secured link http://koo.do/11eMLdy and choose "Social Media" as a category? I will be more than happy to verify for you!
Userlevel 4
Anna wrote:

Hey guys! What xperiaZ is referring to here is the New Immigrant Program. This program allow...

That's very interesting.  Is there somewhere I can find out more about this?  A friend of mine might be coming to Canada next year.
Anna wrote:

Hey guys! What xperiaZ is referring to here is the New Immigrant Program. This program allow...

nice,  my friend just came to Canada too