Koodo Community
Question

Fraudulent account cancellation

• 14 July 2020
  • 6 replies

I received an email today saying someone cancelled my account, and a couple hours later my account was cancelled and phone cut off. Up to date on all payments. How can I get immediate help to deal with this issue? Tried the assist function, also self serve options from my online account and tried calling. I need a pin to get through to someone, which I don’t have, and any other options boot me out of the call. Anyone had this issue and were able to get through to someone? 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The email should state what you need to do if it was not you who ported/canceled your phone.

But it will not likely be resolved tonight as it is already past midnight eastern time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Nai Please send us a direct message in addition to the above. We will look into it and do our best to help. Once we recover you account port protection is something we would strongly recommend to be put on your account. It’s a free service and prevents any fraudulent activity. Gives you peace of mind.

Thanks @Bernard Koodo. How do I send a DM through this site? I tried sending a DM through Instagram, but no response. Same with Twitter. Also tried your chatbot and no luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Nai If you sent one via Twitter a rep will see it. I failed to mention Facebook. That is also a place I suggest you reach out as we can authenticate your account there.

I had the same thing happen 2 hours ago. 

I can ‘t reach Koodo. I can’t log into my account. 

Please help

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I had the same thing happen 2 hours ago. 

I can ‘t reach Koodo. I can’t log into my account. 

Please help

Did u get a port our text? 

If so please follow the instruction in the text