Koodo Community
Solved

For wireless home phone, when exactly is the number transferred?

• 30 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi, I am interested in the wireless home phone plan that is on promotion at this moment.

But I have a question when I am filling my info throughout the checkout process.

There is an option asking me whether I want to have a new number or to transfer my current number at the stage of credit check.

I am currently with Bell. Of course I would like to transfer my number. But I want my number to be transferred around the mid of December (let’s say Dec.15th) because the billing cycle with Bell ends around that time.  What I want is to purchase and have the Koodo hub and sim card delivered before the middle of December, at the same time, keep the Bell service. Then start using Koodo service once the billing cycle  with Bell ends.

If I click on the option of “transfer my current number” during the checkout stage, does my number gets ported after I checkout? And if I do that. do I have to call Bell to do anything? Does that mean I lose phone service with Bell right away? I think an explanation on how the number can be transferred would be helpful.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Allan M 30 November 2020, 02:18

What you’re gonna want to do then is, is to order the home phone now with a random number, and then once you’re closer to the date that you want to cancel with bell, login to self serve and request to have the number ported.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What you’re gonna want to do then is, is to order the home phone now with a random number, and then once you’re closer to the date that you want to cancel with bell, login to self serve and request to have the number ported.

So, do I choose the option of “use a new number” during the checkout process?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So, do I choose the option of “use a new number” during the checkout process?

Correct!

You can follow the steps here to port your number through self serve come the date that you want it moved. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/moving-your-number-koodo

Okay, thanks!