Koodo Community

Community

fix service coverage

in our case we are in napanee ontario (just out of tow) and our cell reception from you guys suck big time. get one bar if im lucky in certain parts of house and out doors. my sister lives outside of tweed and has the same problem. soo fixing what you have to make it better for loyal customers would be a great thing. . pretty much saying youll end up loosing customers in the long run.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Nicoleo, tell me, do people in your area who use Telus or Bell get the same bad reception? As you might be aware, Koodo don't own towers of themselves, they use the Telus/Bell ones. So if your area has a bad reception overall, you could even consider if Rogers (they use different towers) might be better for you... but if it is just a Koodo problem, I suggest you file a ticket with them to investigate 🙂 I went from Rogers to Telus/Koodo for the same (opposite from yours) reason: Rogers is absolutely terrible where we live... also just out of town in BC - it's been like that since forever and I don't think they'll ever improve... our whole town has only two or three towers! (same with Telus but for us they are in a better location)
rogers is horrible here, my old bell cell phone worked better here then this koodo, same with hubbys old telus phone (telus didnt work great but i would say better then our koodo phones)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nicoleo Losee wrote:

rogers is horrible here, my old bell cell phone worked better here then this koodo, same with hub...

I noticed too that older (dumb) phones usually have better reception - why I don't know... but if you don't need data, perhaps it is an option to see if you can get one of those older types? BTW when you say "old bell cell phone" do you mean the REALLY old type that didn't have a SIM card yet? That used a completely different system and perhaps has much better coverage in your area?
Userlevel 1
Nicoleo Losee wrote:

rogers is horrible here, my old bell cell phone worked better here then this koodo, same with hub...

Simply because his old phone must have been CDMA and not HSPA. In some remote regions, CDMA still works better than HSPA. I would recommend to Nicoleo to buy an antenna booster from Ebay unless you want to go back to CDMA. Eventually, they will phase out CDMA and have only HSPA, I think.
Userlevel 1
Greater Napanee Ontario area is well covered (DC) Dual coverage, there is excellent HSPA coverage as well
MatB wrote:

Greater Napanee Ontario area is well covered (DC) Dual coverage, there is excellent HSPA coverage...

then explain why anyone with koodo who comes to our house has to find "the right spot" to have service?
Userlevel 1
MatB wrote:

Greater Napanee Ontario area is well covered (DC) Dual coverage, there is excellent HSPA coverage...

If you call Koodo Tech he will also remind you that Koodo does not guarrantee good reception inside all your house areas especially if it's concrete building, garage, basement, semi basement so forth, or if there is powerplant or other devices that are blocking good reception from Koodo/Telus or third party towers like bell tower.
Userlevel 3
MatB wrote:

For me I get 1-2 bars tops in my house. go out side 2-3. Walk 2 minutes full service. sometimes it is not the carrier coverage just the area you live in.
Userlevel 5
Hi Nicoleo, Thanks for the feedback. We currently cover 97% of Canadians and are part of the largest network in Canada. We're doing our best make our coverage better and faster year after year. We can't promise you that we'll get better coverage in your region in the near future, but we'll share your concern with the team. Thanks.