Koodo Community

False Account

• 14 August 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi team,

I am on a big probelm and looking forward to get some help. I am not a Koodo Customer but I don’t know why Koodo account shows up in my credit history. My friend was a koodo customer and she left back to India without paying her mobile bill, after repeated trials, She asked me to pay back that money and I used my credit  card to pay her bill. 

That was the only time , I have made contact with her mobile details, then why is it showing under my account? I registered a complaint with Transunion and they said it is the [problem with koodo and they have to remove me from their listing. 

Can any one from koodo please help me. i don;t even have a full account number, I just know the last 4 digits 3438 and email id of the user shourya.sunkari301094@gmail.com.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I might misread your post... but, 

You used your CC to pay your friend's bill.  Isn't it why there is a Koodo's name on your payment history on your CC statement?

It doesn't mean you have an account with Koodo.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I might misread your post... but, 

You used your CC to pay your friend's bill.  Isn't it why there is a Koodo's name on your payment history on your CC statement?

It doesn't mean you have an account with Koodo.

I think he's referring to his credit history, not his credit card bill. 

Does it say that the account is still open? My Fido account still comes up on my report even though it's been closed for over a decade, but it states that it was closed. 

The account is closed due to bad debt write off...I have no idea how to remove it from my credit history?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The account is closed due to bad debt write off...I have no idea how to remove it from my credit history?

Best to contact customer service to get some information at least about whats going on as mentioned here:

https://community.koodomobile.com/other-80596/wrong-account-7799321

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I believe that you have to contact the credit reporting bureaus (e.g., Equifax) to have it removed.