Koodo Community
Question

Failed Checkout - "Whoops! Something went wrong. Please Try Again."

I am a new potential Koodo customer (currently no account), and am trying to order an iPhone 8 on a tab medium plan. However, I have tried numerous times to complete the credit check, and every time it says "Whoops! Something went wrong. Please Try Again." I have checked and double-checked my info entry, have tried different credit cards (all of which are paid off and in good standing), and I keep getting the same message. I have even had my wife try with her information, and get the same message. Both of us have solid incomes and excellent credit, so that is not the issue.

I have read some older threads on this issue (from 2018 and earlier), and have tried all recommended actions - clearing the cache and cookies, trying a different browser, using incognito window, etc. None of this has helped. I am doing all of this from a Windows 10 laptop.

Is there an issue with the system?

10 replies

So the iPhone 8 is deeply discounted right now (to the tune of about $300) on a tab medium plan. I had also been entering the KOODOOFFER promo code during checkout when it was giving me the error message. So I thought maybe the two offers were not stackable, so I left out the promo code and was able to check out.

Not sure if this is the true reason, or whether there was some glitch in the checkout process which was now fixed, but at any rate I wasn't going to take a chance for $10/month, so I just let it go through like that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You could still try to apply the promo by calling in!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So the iPhone 8 is deeply discounted right now (to the tune of about $300) on a tab medium plan. I had also been entering the KOODOOFFER promo code during checkout when it was giving me the error message. So I thought maybe the two offers were not stackable, so I left out the promo code and was able to check out.

Not sure if this is the true reason, or whether there was some glitch in the checkout process which was now fixed, but at any rate I wasn't going to take a chance for $10/month, so I just let it go through like that.

Can you take a snapshot of the error and post it here? (delete all personal information before posting please)

Here is their official policy on online order, I would double check if everything is according to those https://www.koodomobile.com/help/ordering-online

Can you take a snapshot of the error and post it here? (delete all personal information before posting please)

Like I said above, I managed to get the credit check through by leaving out the promotion code (KOODOOFFER), and I'm not going to go back and create a fake order to see if it replicates the message.

When you read the fine print for the KOODOOFFER promo code, it says that it cannot be combined with any other offer. Since the rate plan I signed up for was tagged as "Promotion", and there is a big activation credit on the phone itself, that is likely the reason that it wouldn't let me check out using the promo code. That said, I would have thought there would have been a more specific message saying that, rather than just "Whoops - something went wrong, try again", which just leaves you to spin your wheels and try to guess what the heck is happening.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you take a snapshot of the error and post it here? (delete all personal information before posting please)Like I said above, I managed to get the credit check through by leaving out the promotion code (KOODOOFFER), and I'm not going to go back and create a fake order to see if it replicates the message.

When you read the fine print for the KOODOOFFER promo code, it says that it cannot be combined with any other offer. Since the rate plan I signed up for was tagged as "Promotion", and there is a big activation credit on the phone itself, that is likely the reason that it wouldn't let me check out using the promo code. That said, I would have thought there would have been a more specific message saying that, rather than just "Whoops - something went wrong, try again", which just leaves you to spin your wheels and try to guess what the heck is happening.

No, if you chose a "in market" plan with the tag "promotion" the KOODOOFFER should still be applicable (as long as the rate plan was more than $50)

As we are all customer here, we don't know what really happened. Based on your description, something wasn't right.

Here is what I tested. Got the iphone 8 to the cart, added the code, selected a medium Tab plan. Everything was fine.

Yup. I got all that, too, exactly like your snapshots above, as if it was all going to work out with the $335 discount on the tab AND the $10/month savings. But when I hit submit on the last part of the credit check (which you do after selecting 'skip add-ons' in your first image), where you enter your driver's licence and choose whether you want a new number or transfer an existing number, I kept getting the "Whoops....." message, over, and over again, and it takes you back to the beginning of the credit check where you enter your payment info. I tried at least a dozen times with that same result.

The only time I managed to get through that credit check process and complete the order was when I left out the KOODOOFFER promo code. Worked the first time. Sucks a little that it wouldn't let me get the additional $10/month rebate, but still a pretty wicked deal for an iPhone 8. I can live with that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Then the problem was likely with your credit card, not the Promo code. I don't understand the "driver licence" part. They didn't need it.

All you need is "A valid Canadian-issued credit card from Visa, MasterCard or American Express is required for all purchases" and the shipping address is the same as your credit card file. https://www.koodomobile.com/help/ordering-online
The problem was not the credit card, because I used that card to complete the order. And they do indeed ask for either a driver's licence number or social insurance number during the credit check (your choice), probably just for new customers (which I am). Trust me - I just went through it.

The only variable in play was the promo code. Maybe it was a temporary system glitch, and it was just a fluke that when I tried without the code the glitch had been fixed and I would have been able to use it anyways. I don't know, but it's a moot point now. Although I might phone in and ask about it tomorrow.
If you are looking for poor service then koodo is the place to be.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you are looking for poor service then koodo is the place to be.
what are you not satisfied with?