Koodo Community
Solved

extremelypoorCustomerService

• 14 June 2021
  • 9 replies

Been trying to cancel the service plan for over 8 months.  After several attempts plus sending a copy of the POA To date no one from Koodo has gotten back.  In the meantime Koodo is merrily pulling monthlycharges.  This service is Horrendous.  Never will I recommend Koodo to ANYONE.

icon

Best answer by Christina Stephens 17 June 2021, 18:48

I went to the Koodo outlet store close to where I live and the sales rep. Was able to place the call.  This time I did receive a callback from a rep.  

The rep. directed me to the OCD department and I now have a case number.  I have provided all the necessary documents and they are supposed to get back to me within 3-5 business days. 

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What is a POA? Canceling service with Koodo is very easy. I'm not sure why you're having such trouble doing it.

The owner of the service plan /cell phone has severe dementia and cannot speak for herself. A POA is a legal document - Power of Attorney - ie authority to act on the person’s behalf.  In this instance the daughter holds the POA.  Because she lives out of country I am identified as the “In country” representative.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

"After several attempts plus sending a copy of the POA To date no one from Koodo has gotten back."

How did you contact them?  Have you ever tried to set up a call back?  

In the past 8mints, have you talk to anyone?

If the person hold POA living outside of Canada, they could send a message through FB or Twitter. Did she tried it ilast 8 months?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Been trying to cancel the service plan for over 8 months.  After several attempts plus sending a copy of the POA To date no one from Koodo has gotten back.  In the meantime Koodo is merrily pulling monthlycharges.  This service is Horrendous.  Never will I recommend Koodo to ANYONE.

There are a few ways to contact a Koodo rep. @Mayumi has already mentioned them. Has the daughter tried any of the methods suggested? From what I know, Koodo reps generally get back to you pretty quickly. There is no way it would have taken 8 months with no response.

How did you attempt to send a copy of the power of attorney? If she scheduled a callback through Koodo Assist to speak with a Koodo rep, she would have received an email address to send in her documents. After that, she would be required to provide the account PIN or be asked to validate three pieces of information on file for the owner. This includes the date of birth, driver’s licence, last 3 digits of the SIN number, or the last 4 digits of the credit card. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/things-know-about-cancelling-koodo

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Or just transfer the number to a prepaid account and it'll automatically close Koodo's account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Or just transfer the number to a prepaid account and it'll automatically close Koodo's account.

That is only if the daughter wants to continue using the number. I believe they want to cancel the plan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Not really. If they port it out and let the prepaid number without funds, it'll end up being cancelled. Having a prepaid number doesn't mean you need to put funds on it

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Not really. If they port it out and let the prepaid number without funds, it'll end up being cancelled. Hainf a prepaid number doesn't mean you need to put funds on it

You got a point. That is a good backup plan if the daughter is not able to get through to a Koodo rep to cancel the line.

I went to the Koodo outlet store close to where I live and the sales rep. Was able to place the call.  This time I did receive a callback from a rep.  

The rep. directed me to the OCD department and I now have a case number.  I have provided all the necessary documents and they are supposed to get back to me within 3-5 business days.