Koodo Community

Extremely Poor CS due to authority issue

• 24 September 2020
  • 2 replies

Now I didn't want to do this, but I had the worst experience with Koodo today and I am so angry that I am just about ready to leave! 

First things first I was stuck in the middle of no where when I got a text saying that I have reached 100% of my usable data. I knew it was going to happen but at the same time it said, "Your account settings don't allow you to unpause data. To unpause data, talk to someone with authoity on your account." When did I lose authority on my own phone! I can understand if this message was sent to my brother who had just joined my account. That for him would have meant to check with me, but why me on my own account! For 2.5 hours I was stranded in the middle of no where because I couldn't get the koodo phone number from the internet I couldn't patch to and ask for more data. 

As mad as I was I got home and finally found a way to chat with someone over the phone trying to fix the issue. With this conversation I was downright told that I was the one to blame for what happened! Not only was I angry at this point but I was hurt and confused further! Speechless I hung up the phone. When I came to my senses I asked for a call back again to ask for a manager who in this conversation the attendant refused to patch me through to one to speak to about the way I was handed. Now I don't normally do this post negative word of mouth but this is rediculous!

More than likely this message is going to be taken down but be rest assured I will copy and continue to paste over and over again. This was the worst customer service experience I have ever encountered!

Dennis 6 months ago

So 2 things here.

You should be able to login to your self serve and be able to authorize your own line to approve data.  Koodo’s self serve should not count against your data.

For the other thing, it is crap customer service.  I recommend you send Koodo a private message via facebook or twitter and they can look into that call and provide some feedback to that rep

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7

I am a customer like you. I joined koodo less than 2 months ago. My advice is, knowledge and being prepared helps avoid many of the surprises you are and will be facing. Know your data limit, track it and top it up before you run out of data. You may be able to top up data via your phone [e.g. Reply with keyword “12YES” to add 300MB ] in response to the 100% reached message. You should keep koodo’s general customer support number on your phone’s contact list.  In summary, the more you know and the more prepared you are, the less ‘disasters’ you will face in the future.  Better luck in the future.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So 2 things here.

You should be able to login to your self serve and be able to authorize your own line to approve data.  Koodo’s self serve should not count against your data.

For the other thing, it is crap customer service.  I recommend you send Koodo a private message via facebook or twitter and they can look into that call and provide some feedback to that rep