Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Extremely Dissatisfied with Koodo Right Now. This Shouldnt be a Hard issue to Resolve!

Okay. I have a bone to pick with Koodo. Tonight, I tried changing my voicemail password. I set it months ago but never used it so of course I forgot the password. I came online to check how to do so. The moment I log on, I am taken to a page where Koodo appears to be INSISTING that I change my email address. I click Self Serve. I get redirected back to the page that wants me to change my address. After about 15 minutes of this irritation, I google how to change my voicemail password. I get a link to Self Serve and it works. On the page it tells me to contact Koodo to do so, so I click the hyperlink and it redirects me to, wait for it, the page that wants me to change my email address! After 10 minutes of this nonsense, I try to send a complaint email. When I get asked what my reason is, I check Other (because voicemail password isn't an option) and the page will not allow it. It unselects my option and does not allow me to advance! So then I physically call Koodo. I hear the option to change the password, click the button, and it tells me to enter my existing password. Frustrated, I hang up and try again although this time, Koodo does not present changing my password as an option! WHY CANT I JUST CHANGE MY PASSWORD THAT I FORGOT

7 replies

Call Koodo, keep pressing 0 until you get to some human, and explain your situation. Don't worry it is free. They scare customers with fees, but when you call for things like this, it is free. If you want to send an email, just choose a random reason that allows you to actually write something and send. It doesn't really matter what you choose.
Userlevel 6
This is something that you can do yourself online. I guess that was the start if your troubles though. Can I ask if you were able to log in to your koodo account online in the last little while? Or ever? Koodo does charge for services you can do yourself, but if you are saying that you can even log in then they will have to reset your account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I think your self serve account need to be reset by customer service. Call Koodo again *611 from your phone and keep pressing 0 to get a rep as Hellothere mentioned. Once it reset, you will be able to reset your Voicemail Password. Self serve > Plan & Add-ons > Reset Voicemail Password
Userlevel 3
You'll have to contact customer service. Based on my experience sometimes there's an issue on their end to prevent acessbility to self serve accounts. Once they guide you through you should be good to go!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rocky Balboa wrote:

You'll have to contact customer service. Based on my experience sometimes there's an issue on the...

Welcome back, Rocky 🙂
Userlevel 3
Rocky Balboa wrote:

You'll have to contact customer service. Based on my experience sometimes there's an issue on the...

Thanks! 🙂 Sure is awkward being on this end of the fence not being an employee anymore lol
Userlevel 3
Hey Hayden! All of the answers given are correct, you'll have to call in to have your Self Serve re-initiated back to "Owner" as it was mostly registered as a "Subscriber". As for changing you VM password, this can be done via your Self Serve and the IVR. From the IVR (*611) here are the steps to follow: press 1 for English/ press 4 reset voicemail password/ press 2 reset. Thank you. ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.