Koodo Community
Question

Every online product says only available in store....

• 6 July 2020
  • 8 replies

Just wondering why it says “$0 activation fee when you order online, waive $40 fee.” But every single product online, including the bring your own phone says “Currently only available in store.”

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Tay T We have had a major update to our site today and there is still a glitch that needs to be fixed before online ordering can be available.  We hope to have this done by mid-day tomorrow. Thanks for your understanding!

It definitely isn’t fixed. Every time I try to order a home phone system I get the same message. Now I will end up paying $125 for the hub rather than $65 as advertised previously as well as the $40 connection fee,,. AND I will have to drive an hour to find a store. Worth it????? Disappointed!!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It definitely isn’t fixed. Every time I try to order a home phone system I get the same message. Now I will end up paying $125 for the hub rather than $65 as advertised previously as well as the $40 connection fee,,. AND I will have to drive an hour to find a store. Worth it????? Disappointed!!!!

I’ll flag this to a koodo rep

Userlevel 2

Hello @shirl2! Thanks for reaching out to us. The Wireless Home Phone is currently available only in stores because the Web Store stock might be depleted. If you don’t mind waiting a bit, I’m sure we’ll receive a new stock on the website really soon. However, if you need it available right away, you do have the option to go in a store to get it with no delay, and it’s even available now on the Tab, meaning that you don’t have to pay $125 upfront, you can just take it for $0 upfront and pay $5/month for 24 months. As for the connection fee, all companies charge it nowadays for the help received in the stores, with prices mostly similar.

I am with Shirl2. Very annoyed that what I want isn't available and the cost is higher than it was a few weeks ago (when it was also out of stock online).

Hello @shirl2! Thanks for reaching out to us. The Wireless Home Phone is currently available only in stores because the Web Store stock might be depleted. If you don’t mind waiting a bit, I’m sure we’ll receive a new stock on the website really soon. However, if you need it available right away, you do have the option to go in a store to get it with no delay, and it’s even available now on the Tab, meaning that you don’t have to pay $125 upfront, you can just take it for $0 upfront and pay $5/month for 24 months. As for the connection fee, all companies charge it nowadays for the help received in the stores, with prices mostly similar.

24 months x $5 = $120

So it's cheaper to pay over 2 years?

Userlevel 2

Hi @Lms! That’s correct. Customers save $5 if they get the Wireless Home Phone on a tab for 24 months.

That is still a far cry from $65… I  just don’t understand the doubling in price… especially since it was not available to order online and still isn’t. Instore still costs $40 more. Perhaps since you cannot provide online purchases the connection fee could be waived and we could pick it up instore and pretend it was online, bringing it home to connect online ourselves. We would be doing that anyway but without the hour drive to the store. ( Also have a month to try and perhaps return instead of 2 weeks )