Koodo Community

Esim problems

• 1 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone,

I wanted to switch my sim to esim. So I bought a esim voucher and scanned it. But it wasn’t how to switch. So I looked it up and I went to self-serve and change my sim by putting the numbers on the voucher. Then Koodo said it changed my sim. 

However, after the success message, my phone can’t find any networks. I tried to add or download esim by scanning the voucher again, but it only said “Unable to Complete Cellular Plan Change ; Your cellular plan could not be set up. Try again later.”  

I realized something went wrong, so I tried to back to my old sim. But I need to the verification code to change the sim, but now my phone isn’t on the network, which means I can’t receive the verification code.

What can I do to use any of my sims and make calls again? Help me, please.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which phone was it? 

Also, when you switched to eSIM, was your phone connected to WiFi? I think the error that you saw was because the esim couldn't connect to any network. 

Badge +4

I think the SIM-swap in self-serve should have happened first.

Navigating to the ‘Change SIM Card’ tab in self-serve, making sure you’re connected to Wi-Fi as Dinh mentioned, enter the eSIM voucher number in the ‘New SIM Card Number’ box.  When you have entered the verification code sent to your phone after swapping SIM cards, remove the physical SIM card since it will no longer work.

Add the eSIM to your phone by scanning the eSIM QR code on the eSIM voucher. If you’re using an iPhone, go to Settings > Cellular > Add Cellular Plan - scan your eSIM QR code.

At this point, you will probably have to purchase a new SIM card because the SIM-swap you did earlier will have rendered your existing physical SIM card unusable. I’m not 100% sure if the eSIM is active. You can check by going to your phone’s network/cellular settings and locating the line (eSIM profile).

I would suggest visiting a Koodo shop to get this matter resolved asap.