Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Equipment Warranty

What type of equipment warranty does koodo offer?

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi there Ana... There is a 1 year warranty on every phone, so if you have a defective unit you can send it into service and it will be repaired... Just remember that physical and water damage is not covered under the warranty...
There are 3 types of warranty's on a new phone: 14 day money back guarntee - can take back the phone to the store within 14 days of buying it for whatever reason (or no reason) and either get your money back, a different phone, or a replacement of the same phone. 30 day DOA exchange - within 30 days of the purchase date you can get a brand new replacement phone if customer service/tech support finds there is a problem with the phone Finally, there is a 1 year warranty on all phones, so if tech support/customer service finds that there is a problem with the phone can arrange to get a replacement phone of the same kind of phone that you have (ie replacing an Ace 2 with an Ace 2)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

There are 3 types of warranty's on a new phone: 14 day money back guarntee - can take back the...

Minor clarification to the 3rd point: you have the option to get the phone repaired (at a koodo kiosk) or replaced by customer service. If you get it replaced after the 30 day mark you will receive a refurbished unit rather than a brand new phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

There are 3 types of warranty's on a new phone: 14 day money back guarntee - can take back the...

The 30 day is a phone of the same kind, you can't bring in an Ace 2 and decide you want a Nexus 4 or anything it has to be an Ace 2 for an Ace 2. It's only available if the phone is a manufacturer issue /defective unit. Also the 1 year you send the phone away for repair and it gets repaired it's not a different phone you get its your phone repaired. While your waiting for the repair to be done and sent back you have the option of getting a loaner phone while you wait for yours to be repaired for a refundable deposit of $150 that will be returned upon the kiosk getting the loaner phone back in the same condition as it left the kiosk.
Should have included this above as well - if you want your phone fixed then you can do that as well. It does not have to be in warranty either - our repair agents will figure out approx how much it will cost and before they fix it, they will get approval on the cost - if the price goes higher than the approximation than our agents will get approval on this before fixing it either.
Userlevel 5
Hey Ana, this link: http://koo.do/JVO5Mk summarizes what has been said in the above posts 🙂 Hope this helps!
thanks 😃
Userlevel 1
if I bought the phone from a retailer and not a kioask, will I still get the loaner option?
Userlevel 7
gerrydee wrote:

if I bought the phone from a retailer and not a kioask, will I still get the loaner option?

Hi Gerry, Yes you would still qualify for a loaner option as long as you go to your nearest Koodo kiosk. Hope that helps 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
gerrydee wrote:

As long as it's a Koodo-branded phone with proof of purchase, it doesn't matter where it was purchased.