Koodo Community
Solved

Email to text service suddenly stopped.

Why did email to text service using xxxxxxxxxx@msg.koodomobile.com stop working on April 23, 2015 for me but when I change to xxxxxxxxxx@msg.telus.com it works? msg.koodomobile.com has worked really well for me for a long time and then it just stopped.

9 replies

I just tried, and both are working fine for me. Emails to@msg.koodomobile.com are delivered as MMS, whereas@msg.telus.com are delivered as SMS. So it is possible that your phone cannot receive MMS anymore. Did you disable mobile data or change phones, APN or any other settings on April 23?
I do not think I changed anything on my phone but I did download an IOS update last week. I have an iPhone 4S, Can anyone save me wallowing around in Settings trying to figure out if MMS has been turned off and just tell me where to look?
Found MMS options under Messaging in Settings on my iPhone and it is turned on as it always has been. The sudden stoppage of msg.koodomobile.com for me remains a mystery.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Wally wrote:

Found MMS options under Messaging in Settings on my iPhone and it is turned on as it always has b...

Try to send an mms as a test
Userlevel 3
Maybe it's time to get some clarification as to WHY Koodo uses MMS from the web page? No other provider has this quirk. And I still want the useless header (http://192.168...) removed as it interferes with the messages.
Not sure how to "send an MMS as a test" as Dennis suggests. My phone sends and receives text messages and iMessages normally as it has in the past . I believe that iMessages use MMS and only revert to SMS if required. I know my iMessages are using MMS because they appear in blue. If they revert to SMS, they turn to green.
I did some more testing and found that emails sent to msg.koodomobile.com have only stopped working when sent from my shaw.ca email address. Emails sent from from that email address to msg.koodomobile.com worked fine until last Thursday. Perplexingly, emails sent from that address to msg.telus.com still continue to work fine. Also, emails sent to msg.koodomobile.com continue to work fine when sent from any other email addresses other than my shaw.ca. It is clear that for some reason msg.koodomobile.com is blocking emails sent from my shaw.ca email address and I cannot figure out why. Any suggestions?
Userlevel 3
Wally wrote:

I did some more testing and found that emails sent to msg.koodomobile.com have only stopped worki...

Sorry Wally, I'm afraid this is something you have to take up with Shaw, as I think you pretty much narrowed it down to the source. They could have some server routing problems between them and Koodo. I doubt that Koodo would block the entire shaw.ca domain.
You are right WHIZ, it is unlikely Koodo would block all emails from shaw's domain. My testing shows that only emails from my shaw.ca email address are blocked, not from my wife's, child's or any other Shaw or non-Shaw email addresses I tested. What is perplexing is that they were not blocked up until last Thursday.