Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Email address change

I need to change my email address, as cannot access the old one. It says to change in change address area and there is no where to change the email address.

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Go to My Profile>Email Address

Sorry this question should have been asked under prepaid account, I am sorry but thanks for prompt response
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Percy Hughes wrote:

Sorry this question should have been asked under prepaid account, I am sorry but thanks for promp...

If there is no place to change it on self serve then you will have to call Koodo (*611 on your koodo cell)
Userlevel 6
Percy Hughes wrote:

Sorry this question should have been asked under prepaid account, I am sorry but thanks for promp...

You can change the self-serve username to a different email address but it doesn't update the contact email address. Call Koodo to do that. The instructions are wrong - they tell you to go to "Edit Address" but there is no place to enter an email address when you edit your profile.
Percy Hughes wrote:

I have been with koodo for a while now, prepaid phone. When I got a new pre paid phone it gave me the option to keep my same number or change it and I mistakenly hit the wrong button. My question is, is there a way to get my old number back? The old one was an Alberta number and this one is now a Nova Scotia number.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Percy Hughes wrote:

Hi Kristen - how long ago did this happen? If it's been a while (several week) it can get tricky, but if recent (a day or two ago), we might be able to reverse the change. If you shoot us a private message on Facebook or Twitter we can authenticate your account and look into this with you.
Percy Hughes wrote:

Just signed in tried to go to view bills but it says my email address and password dont match? and I know they do????
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Percy Hughes wrote:

Lauralyn, try the forgotten password feature. If that doesn't work, please start a new thread, so it'll be easier to help you 🙂
Percy Hughes wrote:

Hello, I'm sorry to revive this thread, but is there anyway to have a longer field to input the email? I have just switched email and currently I cannot input the last character of my email (the m in .com). I have switched to a more professional email and would like to use that one from now on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Percy Hughes wrote:

I'm transferring that to the person responsible of the website!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Percy Hughes wrote:

UPDATE : Koodo had to draw the line somewhere and it was 99.999999% of the emails in our base and their character count is what we used then added 3 more spaces. The sliver that left were asked to change their login credentials. 

Unfortunately, you would have to keep the email you have right now
Percy Hughes wrote:

I see, that is unfortunate 😞 Thanks for the quick update though, I really appreciate it. I guess I'll have to keep my old email for literally only one thing haha

Thank you,
Percy Hughes wrote:

Hi there, sorry to bring this back yet again, how do I change my email address with the new website? I was able to do it on the old website no problem....
Percy Hughes wrote:

How do I change the email when I can't login in and the old email no longer exists? I have my account, my PIN, my number, but my old email account was from an email service that changed their name, and then got bought out by Google, and while I have a google account, my old email is now invalid and inaccessible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Percy Hughes wrote:

Contacting Koodo directly is your only option. I suggest a PM to their Facebook page as the simplest.
Percy Hughes wrote:

after 4 years...I think I need to kill my koodo account as I can not access it to add voice time to the phone number...WITHOUT paying a fee.  IF they want my money...it should not cost money to get them to take it !   My current email does not seem to work with the account.  I probably had a different email 4 years ago...which I no longer use and question whether I even have access to it.  text seems to work on the phone.  I do NOT use facebook as I think facebook is simply a way to rob one of identity theft.           613 581 6375

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Percy Hughes wrote:

What error message you get when you log into self serve?
There is no cost to change plan or add add-ons through self serve.
If you can't access your self serve because your Email doesn't work, then contacting Koodo is the only way to fix it.
It doesn't cost you to this since you can't fix it by your self.
If you don't do FB, then dial *611 to talk to a rep. Tell them you have an issue with your Email.

Please use this link to post your own question with more info if you have more question.
https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/new