Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Dual cellular citizenship? Does it work well? Koodo and compatible US carrier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Unlocked Galaxy Note II - 7 months a year with Koodo in Canada, 5 months a year with compatible carrier in USA. Feasible? or am I asking for trouble. I know some APN network settings will have to be changed and each service provider needs its own SIM card, but what are the chances I will be up the creek with no service after switching from one to another? Or can it be as simple as shutting down the phone, swapping the SIM card and updating the APN config.. then being good to go after a reboot. Would like to hear experience of other community members.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I change SIMs and phones all the time, Robert. No hassle at all, so far I have never needed to change the APN settings but even if I did have to, it's a matter of five minutes. Just do it and save money that way 😃
Userlevel 5
Sophia wrote:

I change SIMs and phones all the time, Robert. No hassle at all, so far I have never needed to ch...

Changing SIMs are really easy and you don't really have to notify Koodo or anything. You can always change your Self Serve "phone in use" if you want too.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just executed the switch. Paid Koodo the $35 unlock fee. Popped in Consumer Cellular (US) SIM, entered unlock code and transition was completely seamless. All of the more complicated network settings were included on the new SIM; contacts and older personal data intact. Had to provide Co sumer Cel. with IMEI for 4G data to work. Koodo phone now on seasonal break till I get back.