Koodo Community

Dropped calls, poor receptions and waky network

• 30 October 2022
  • 2 replies

In the last three months, many of my contacts have complained that they cannot reach me. They have to try calling multiple times before a call connects. They keep getting the message that the number does not exist or is disconnected. 

In addition, more than half of my calls are being dropped unexpectelly. And the call quality is really bad during the majority of the calls.

I have been a Koodo client for more than 10 years so I am very disappointed that I can no longer count on Koodo for reliable phone services.

Could you please provide more information about the root of the service quality decline? And is there a timeline when the issue will be resolved?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which phone do you have?

Have you tried restarting your phone?

Have you tried resetting your phone’s network settings?

Sometimes, restarting your phone resolves network connectivity issues. If that doesn’t work, then resetting your phone’s network settings might help. This procedure restores cellular, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi to their default values and does not erase any user data.

You can schedule a callback through Koodo Assist to see if a rep can provide you with more information regarding the decline in service quality. 

Optional: If you cannot reliably receive calls, I would suggest downloading the Fongo Mobile app as a backup plan, for the time being. You will get a free local phone number that you can use to make/receive calls and schedule a callback. The app works over Wi-Fi or mobile data and is available for both Android and iOS devices.

Fongo Mobile App

I have been a Koodo customer for several years in North Bay Ontario without any issues. However, starting in a September 2022, I have been experiencing “dropped calls” and callers telling me that I sound garbled (like a robot). 

I have talked with Telus technical support via Koodo who have not been able to fix the problem.  They just keep trying things in my phone like resetting it.

After several months of having poor service from Koodo, I went and purchased a new phone and SIM card in case it was my Iphone11…..well, it’s clearly not my phone or SIM card as the problem is continuing …this is clearly a Koodo network issue.

I spoke with a friend yesterday and she is also a Koodo customer and is also experiencing the same issues that I am. 

My stress is elevated as I am caring for an elderly family member and I need a reliable network to make calls to their medical team. 

Koodo, you need to fix this issue as the service is absolutely terrible right now. Please acknowledge the calls you are receiving from your loyal customers.