Koodo Community

Community

Don't have a time limit when editing a post have a preview of the post.

Sometimes I am pretty hasty when typing and make mistakes or rather realize what I am saying doesn't make much sense. The fact I have to wait a few minutes to edit a post can make for some embarrassing situations. I agree you shouldn't be able to post a lot of topics in a short period of time but editing isn't the same as posting. Alternatively allow us to see a preview of what we are posting and what it will look like.

17 replies

I didn't know there was a time limit? EDIT: Doesn't seem to be any delay on when I can edit for me 2nd EDIT: Proof read before posting = preview 3rd EDIT: Absolutely no delay imposed for making edits 4th EDIT: Maybe it's because I have my facebook account attached? 5th EDIT: Apple crisp rocks. 6TH EDIT: I think I'm going to reply to everything via edits. You don't have your facebook account attached to your account do you Boolanger?
Userlevel 1
Aaron MacIntyre wrote:

I didn't know there was a time limit? EDIT: Doesn't seem to be any delay on when I can edit fo...

lmaooooo Apple crisp rocks??? LMAO
Userlevel 3
The only time limit I get limit is if I edit something to quickly after posting but waiting just a few seconds resolves this.
Userlevel 6
There is no limit. I can edit immediately after posting.
I think it happens when you are posting and try to edit a post after posting a few times. Either way an edit shouldn't count towards that or there should at least be a preview option! It may not happen at all for replies. Trust me that it can happen for posts.
Dextherex wrote:

I think it happens when you are posting and try to edit a post after posting a few times. Either ...

Oh I totally believe there's a cool down between new posts. Gotta prevent people from spamming the hell out of the forum. But in all seriousness, why can't you just proof read before hitting post. Is that not the same thing as hitting a button, reading it, and hitting a button again?
Userlevel 1
Dextherex wrote:

I think it happens when you are posting and try to edit a post after posting a few times. Either ...

What I do to avoid posting wrong answer, or, having difficulties editing it directly on comment box is to always have my notepad open for editing and correcting, I just have to copy/past with no delay.
Dextherex wrote:

There is a cooldown when a person makes a post. You have to wait 1 full minute before you can reply. I know, because when I get email notifications of a new post, I go to reply and get the message that I can't, because it's within that initial minute. After a minute a post can be made. Haven't had any issues with editing though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Proof read don't try to get an answer in quick just to beat everyone to the punch. I am able to edit an answer immediately after posting also. If you post a second response then the first response does become uneditable. - KID ANDROID, ( Team.Android.Canada)
So, I just discovered something. There is a cool down period for editing if it's the primary post for a thread.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Aaron MacIntyre wrote:

So, I just discovered something. There is a cool down period for editing if it's the primary post...

I can edit it at any time, weird that others can't.
Aaron MacIntyre wrote:

So, I just discovered something. There is a cool down period for editing if it's the primary post...

Try posting a new question and then try and edit it right away.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Aaron MacIntyre wrote:

Well I haven't tried that, I thought you meant first answer to a question. I'll try it when I think of something.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I just posted an idea and as soon as it posted I was able to instantly Edit it. I don't get why others can't?
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

I just posted an idea and as soon as it posted I was able to instantly Edit it. I don't get why o...

Maybe it has to do with your high rank? That's just a guess
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

I just posted an idea and as soon as it posted I was able to instantly Edit it. I don't get why o...

It's probably because everyone else are using their computers and I'm using my Note 2, maybe the browser I'm using who knows
Userlevel 1
I hear you Dextherex, I'm a fast typer and I can sometimes make careless mistakes that I have to go back and edit. As much as I'd love to be able to preview my post being posting it, I fear that this would slow me down. Besides, modifications like these can only be implemented by Get Satisfaction. It's completly our of our hands. Edit your post as much as you want, I do it all the time 😉