Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Does Koodo support Netgear MvBr1210c wireless hub/phone

I have a Netgear MVBR1210C cellular hub with phone.  It has a sim card but unit maybe locked to a Bell network.  I own the unit.  Can this device be put on a Koodo network by changing the SIM (possibly unlocking).

4 replies

Userlevel 7
You may be able to get the unlock code from Bell and then set it up for use with koodo. It's up to bell. You can try a koodo sim just to check if it's locked of you want.
Chad, thanks for reply - I think I can unlock regardless of what Bell wants, if it indeed locked.  My question really is can this type of device be put on a Koodo network.  The local Koodo rep simply said it wasn't a phone thus they couldn't do it.  But it is a phone - sort of, there is a phone number attached to it now.
Userlevel 7
Donald Spencer wrote:

Chad, thanks for reply - I think I can unlock regardless of what Bell wants, if it indeed locked....

The answer used to be no, however, Ivan and another user have successfully used Wi-Fi Hubs like these and I do believe as long as it's addressable with a phone number then it may work, ymmv
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Telus sells a similar product, so theoretically it should be possible to get it to work, unless Koodo has configured things otherwise. Carriers will sometimes lock out certain features, such as tethering, to certain classes of business. And there's always the issue of configuring your access point correctly (APN).

http://business.telus.com/en/business/mobile-internet/smart-hub--b890/

Maybe rephrase your question to Koodo and refer to the Telus product...