Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Does koodo now accept visa debit cards

Does koodo now accept visa debit cards?

18 replies

Userlevel 5
Yep, you can now use Visa Debit cards as a method of payment.
Userlevel 6
Online you can only use it to pay your bill. It wouldn't work when I tried to buy an accessory on their website. But at the their stores it worked no problem.
Are you sure? I tired to top off my prepaid account and it didn't work. My bank told me that since it didn't even show up in their system, it is a merchant problem. I couldn't find Koodo in the list of of Merchants: http://www.visa.ca/en/personal/visa-debit-card/visa_debit_merchants.jsp
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Natty C wrote:

Are you sure? I tired to top off my prepaid account and it didn't work. My bank told me that sin...

Did you register your Visa Debit card? http://help.koodomobile.com/prepaid/topping-up-your-account/how-do-i-top-up-my-account
Natty C wrote:

Are you sure? I tired to top off my prepaid account and it didn't work. My bank told me that sin...

Yep, I get: "Unable to Process Transaction We are unable to verify your credit card information or address, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged, and your transaction will not be processed. Your billing address should match the records on file with your card issuer." The card issuer says that the card is active and should work (we verified what I entered into each field) but that Koodo is not registered as a Merchant.... Have you gotten your Visa Debit to work? Mine is a Virtual Visa Debit from RBC.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Natty C wrote:

From Koodo's website: 1. Credit or Visa Debit – Register a credit or Visa Debit card on Prepaid Self Serve. Note: Only a credit or Visa Debit card registered to a Canadian/U.S. address can be registered to your account So, you did registered it on self serve, but it still doesn't process transaction? Then I would call Koodo and they will help you to fix this issue. You have to tell them you already registered your debit card but it doesn't work. I don't use cc or debit for phone bill. I do it by online banking. It takes a few days to process/show up on my account, but I make my payment as soon as I received a bill. so it works for me 🙂 Add: Oh, sorry you can't use online banking for top up the prepaid account. I can use online banking it because I have monthly plan'
Userlevel 3
Natty C wrote:

I have a TD Visa and it works. What's a virtual card? They also state it on their site under methods of payment. http://help.koodomobile.com/my-bill/billing-and-payment-options/how-can-i-pay-my-bill
Natty C wrote:

Thanks for trying guys - I think the bottom line is that Koodo says that it accepts Visa Debit (not a real Visa card but I direct link to my bank account), even on the page where I pay, but that the Visa Debit system hasn't accepted them as a Merchant. At least not for the prepaid self-serve online. There is a discrepancy between the two parties. I tried emailing them, but I can't call them until I figure out a way to top-up! I'll keep you posted! In the mean time, if anyone has paid with a RBC virtual Visa Debit on the prepaid self-serve, please let me know! Thanks! PS ""Virtual" relates to the fact that this card can only be used where a card is not required to be physically presented to the merchant. These transactions are generally done online, by telephone or by mail order. For convenience, clients will be issued a plastic reference card that gives the client all the information required to make a purchase: The Virtual Visa Debit reference card does not have a magnetic stripe, CHIP or PIN associated with it and therefore cannot be used at an ATM or store." (http://www.visa.ca/en/personal/visa-debit-card/virtual-visa-debit/faqs.jsp)
Natty C wrote:

I just called - and used up my last few minutes of air time and will be charged $5 for her to do exactly what I just did in self-serve with the same results. In conclusion - until further notice RBC's virtual visa debit is not compatible with Koodo prepaid self-serve! All be warned! I'm off to find a new way to top up my phone and perhaps a provider that accepts my bank card?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Natty C wrote:

Did you dial *611 from your Koodo phone? I thought *611 doesn't use your minutes even for prepaid. Also they shouldn't charge you for this because you tried through self serve and it didn't work. And they couldn't register your debit in the end. Add: you can buy a Top-up Voucher too.
Userlevel 6
Natty C wrote:

Hi Natty, rest assured that the call didn't use your minutes 🙂 The $5 fee will not apply either because you were calling to receive assistance! You'll find how to top up your account on this link http://koo.do/UH8t7I. Have a great day!
Badge +4
Someone may have mentioned this earlier, it is possible to pay directly through online banking. Koodo is listed as one of the available 'ebillers' on RBC's 'ebilling' directory. Heading: Telephone http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/online/ebillers.html
Userlevel 6
rikkster wrote:

Someone may have mentioned this earlier, it is possible to pay directly through online banking. K...

Hi Rikkster, it's possible with postpaid, not prepaid 🙂 Thank you!
rikkster wrote:

Someone may have mentioned this earlier, it is possible to pay directly through online banking. K...

Okay so as a prepaid customer, there is no way for me to pay online directly from my RBC account (I just have a visa debit and on-line banking)?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

If they said your debit card is not compatible, then I don't think you can do it online. Is there koodo store near you to buy a top up vouchers? (I know it might inconvenient for you)
Userlevel 1
This is such poor customer service.  They offer it on their site to customers when they in fact do not offer the service.  I have been looped into signing up. FEELING RIPPED OFF BY KOODO They in fact do not have what they claim to offer. I went by what I read on the website when deciding what carrier to change to.  That was three days ago.  I have spent several hours online trying to figure this problem out as well as hours and hours on the phone to koodo customer support. 
Userlevel 1
I have found comments on this exact problem from weeks ago!!!  Why has is not been addressed by koodo yet?  Why is it still being offered on the prepaid site as an option?   Bad business,  word of poor customer service travels fast.
I ended up switching to a month to month contract just so I could pay from my bank. And I just paid yesterday- so at least that works. But yes, I also asked if a visa debit would be accepted for Online payment when I signed up for prepaid and got a (false) positive response. Sorry that you have to go through the same cycle of frustration that I just did! Good luck!