Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Does a Koodo phone still have to be unlocked to be used on a Telus plan/SIM? Curious, since Telus owns Koodo.

I have a Koodo phone I was duped into getting to try to help someone who then took advantage of me. If I sell it to a Telus customer, do they still have to unlock the phone to use it through Telus, even though Telus owns Koodo?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Whitney, Most Koodo phones will work on Telus, but there are instances where some won't work, the best way to find out is to try a Telus sim card in the phone and see if it works. Hope that helps
That definitely does! Thanks, Daniel! 🙂
Userlevel 7
No problem, have a good evening 🙂
Userlevel 7
These days, generally they shouldn't have to. I've used (and currently still am) using an HTC M8 from Koodo with my Telus plan. I've also used a Koodo Moto G, Desire 601, Z10, and S4 mini all with Telus just fine without unlocking.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The only phone I can absolutely guarantee will need to be unlocked is the Galaxy Discover... but who would want to buy one these days 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

The only phone I can absolutely guarantee will need to be unlocked is the Galaxy Discover... but ...

There's always someone 😉