Koodo Community
Question

Did not receive referral email

• 28 August 2019
  • 13 replies

Hi there,
I purchased a postpaid plan last night from one of your retail stores. With the assistance of the salesperson, I then referred my wife, and the salesperson said she would receive an email to redeem the referral credits. She subsequently purchased a postpaid plan as well (still at the store with the salesperson). The issue is that she did not receive a refer-a-friend email yet. The referral is showing up in my account though. She did try to go to the refer-a-friend Koodo site too and enter her information to complete the referral but the message says "You haven't claimed your offer yet, but there's still time! Please check your email and claim your offer to proceed." Any assistance would be great.
Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@sgwong Can you pls have your wife visit koodo.com/refer and look for the below link:

Then have her enter your phone number to look for the details. Once she finds you she can enter her details there.
Hi Bernard, she already went to that site, entered my phone number, entered the required information on the subsequent page and clicked the submit button, but she never received an email. We went through this whole process with the salesperson at the store. Should she re-enter her information again on that page?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@sgwong Maybe first check her "junk folder" the email could have gone in there. Also, when you log into the site and you look at your history what is her status that you are seeing?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If your friend activated her account before claiming the referral email (you mentioned she didn't receive the email), it might be too late to do anything. The offer must be claimed before activation.
She did check her junk folder and there is no Koodo email there. I logged in and her status is "Awaiting response."
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
She did check her junk folder and there is no Koodo email there. I logged in and her status is "Awaiting response."

There was another possibility that you might have sent to a wrong email address or your friend might activate on a different email address.

Anyway, if she already activated, it is too late now.

She did check her junk folder and there is no Koodo email there. I logged in and her status is "Awaiting response."There was another possibility that you might have sent to a wrong email address or your friend might activate on a different email address.

Anyway, if she already activated, it is too late now.

No, she went to the refer-a-friend website and input her email to check if that was the case, but it says "You haven't claimed your offer yet, but there's still time! Please check your email and claim your offer to proceed."

She has also never had a Koodo account before. Neither of us has actually.

This is slightly frustrating because we went through the entire process with the salesperson right at the Koodo store :(

Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No, she went to the refer-a-friend website and input her email to check if that was the case, but it says "You haven't claimed your offer yet, but there's still time! Please check your email and claim your offer to proceed."

This is slightly frustrating because we went through the entire process with the salesperson right at the Koodo store :(

Thank you.

You mentioned she activated a line at a Koodo kiosk? Did she have an active line with a Koodo number as of now?
Oh, my wife just reminded me of something... I tried to log into the Koodo website last night and the system seemed to be down for a time. Perhaps this is related somehow?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Oh, my wife just reminded me of something... I tried to log into the Koodo website last night and the system seemed to be down for a time. Perhaps this is related somehow?
The referral process is independent of that website maintenance.

Thank you.
You mentioned she activated a line at a Koodo kiosk? Did she have an active line with a Koodo number as of now?

Yes, so we both went to the Koodo store and the salesperson activated my account, got me to refer my wife, then activated her account and told us that when we get the email, that we should just click it, enter her phone number and info etc and then we would get $25 credited to each of our accounts.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, so we both went to the Koodo store and the salesperson activated my account, got me to refer my wife, then activated her account and told us that when we get the email, that we should just click it, enter her phone number and info etc and then we would get $25 credited to each of our accounts.

As I mentioned earlier. it is too late now to do anything if she didn't claim the offer before activation.

Here is the rule no1 at https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/common/terms.pg

"The person being referred must enter their name and email address into the referral system before they activate their service with Koodo."

As I mentioned earlier, so it is too late to do anything if she didn't claim the offer before activation.

Here is the rule no1 https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/common/terms.pg

"The person being referred must enter their name and email address into the referral system before they activate their service with Koodo."

That seems poor practice then because now I feel the salesperson mislead us to get us to sign up quicker together at the same time so he would get both our accounts :(

Bernard, perhaps you could help us further as a Koodo rep? Maybe there are things in the back-end like timestamps for both our activations and also for the referral so you could see that we did everything in order (except for that one thing that the salesperson mislead us about). To add to that, my wife never received the email. Not a great start to our move to Koodo.