Koodo Community
Question

dhdjdjdj

• 17 September 2022
  • 12 replies

Why can’t I start a convo or reply to a text from someone that has an Android/Samsung phone? My settings are all fine. I can only text people with iPhones. 

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What kind of phone do YOU have?

It’s an IPhone 14 under Koodo. But if I switch the SIM and put in my Bell SIM I can text Androids and IPhones no problem. Has me stumped cause texting is just simply texting it shouldn’t be able to recognize that it’s trying to be sent to an android. 

Stupid frikn SmartPhones haha

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are the messages your able to send to iPhones showing up in blue, (imessages) or green, (text messages)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It’s an IPhone 14 under Koodo. But if I switch the SIM and put in my Bell SIM I can text Androids and IPhones no problem. Has me stumped cause texting is just simply texting it shouldn’t be able to recognize that it’s trying to be sent to an android. 

If you switched from Android to iPhone, it is likely you still have the RCS messaging feature. You need to visit the following link to turn off chat features. https://messages.google.com/disable-chat

When I text somebody iPhone to iPhone it goes through blue….but when I text someone that has an Android it goes through green and as a text but stops halfway through the status bar and takes forfriknever to finally send me back a notification that it failed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sounds like it's text messaging in general that's not working. Blue imessages are sent over the internet using Apple's servers and don't go through koodo's text messaging system at all. If you turn off imessages or shut off data and wifi are you still able to message iPhone users?

Have you recently switched to koodo and ported a phone number from another provider? Incomplete port requests frequently cause issues with text messaging.

I had a koodo account on an iPhone for work related and cheaper contract rates with more data cause with my job texting is our main means of communication with dispatch this way all the info pertaining to every job is always there to go back to and read etc. And the phone calls I have to make are mainly long distance. And the other that I had with Bell I used as my personal. Now the only thing is that the other IPhone with Bell was stolen about a month ago so unfortunately I don’t have access to that phone to shut off or make any changes in the phone’s settings. And when I try to deregister that number asks me to enter the number I wish to deregister from iMessage and they will send me a confirmation code…..but they send the code…..to that number on that phone…..that’s been stolen haha. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When I text somebody iPhone to iPhone it goes through blue….but when I text someone that has an Android it goes through green and as a text but stops halfway through the status bar and takes forfriknever to finally send me back a notification that it failed. 

What happens when you try resending the text message again? Does it go through?

No it does the same thing

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

To turn iMessage off on the phone, go to settings->messages and turn imessage to off. Can you still send messages to iPhones?

Badge +4

Have you tried changing your Apple ID password?

If the phone number that you want to remove belongs to an iPhone that you can't access, change your Apple ID password. This removes all phone numbers from your iPad, iPod touch, and Mac. Calls or messages for the removed numbers won't appear on those devices anymore.

Support Discussion | Apple

Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - under heading Remove your phone number