Koodo Community
Solved

Denied referral

• 9 October 2018
  • 7 replies

I recently activated a Koodo account at the Pacific Centre kiosk in downtown Vancouver. I was told by two separate reps at the kiosk that I could use a Koodo referral as long as it was within 3 days of activating my account.

I asked both sales reps if it was correct information, because the referral site says that the link must be used before activation. Both reps said that as long as I used a referral within 3 days of activating, I would be fine. Given that they were so specific about there being a three-day grace period, I decided to trust the Koodo sales reps and activated an account. My referral ended up being denied due to "registering my phone number too late".

My referral was denied due to the Pacific Centre Vancouver sales reps either a) having incorrect information or b) outright lying to me. I'd like to believe the sales reps were given incorrect information instead of deliberately lying, as they even asked me I'd be sent a text to review their performance. Tricking customers doesn't seem like a solid plan to getting 5-star reviews haha.

I contacted the Koodo Refer a Friend support email and was once again told my referral was denied. My referral case ID is 193541.

Is there any way to resolve this and get the $50 referral for my dad and I? I wouldn't have signed up when I did if I knew this would happen. It seemed pretty reasonable (at the time) to think that the Koodo sales reps would give me valid information. In any case, this hasn't been a great experience as a new Koodo user.
icon

Best answer by Dennis 10 October 2018, 00:08

I did bring up the fact that the referral site says that the referral link needs to be clicked before line activation.

Two separate reps at Pacific Centre told me that this wasn't true, and that I had 3 days to activate.

You can always cancel and then get another line and reactivate.

You can also try to send a private to koodo via Facebook or Twitter and if you explain the error of the kiosk, they might be able to help you out =but no gaurentees)
It would laosnbe advantagous if you got the names of those 2 sales reps
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Once your receive your referral email you actually have 30 days to enter your phone number to redeem.

Did you receive your initial referral prior to signing up? Was it your dad who referred you?
Badge +4
I do agree with you for the most part. The thing is though is that you read where it says it has to be done before activation(which would've taken about a minute). Sales reps can be wrong as in this case. I don't think they were lying they just had bad info. Yes it's very reasonable to think they would give you valid info but if you see something in writing you should go by that.

You have already contacted the referral department and was told it was denied again. They are very strict that the rules be followed correctly. Your case is with the kiosk at Pacific Centre Vancouver.
Badge +4
Once your receive your referral email you actually have 30 days to enter your phone number to redeem.

Did you receive your initial referral prior to signing up? Was it your dad who referred you?

The first line is what they didn't do.

https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/common/terms.pg
I activated my line first, then had my dad generate the referral link a few days later. The reason for this is because my dad was out of town at the time, and the Koodo sales reps insisted multiple times that I would get referral credit as long as I went through the process within 3 days of activating.

Assuming they weren't lying, how did the sales reps at Pacific Centre get such a specific set of instructions if they were totally false?

If my case is with the Pacific Centre kiosk, will they be able to grant referral credit?
I did bring up the fact that the referral site says that the referral link needs to be clicked before line activation.

Two separate reps at Pacific Centre told me that this wasn't true, and that I had 3 days to activate.
Badge +4
Assuming they weren't lying, how did the sales reps at Pacific Centre get such a specific set of instructions if they were totally false?

If my case is with the Pacific Centre kiosk, will they be able to grant referral credit?

Why would they lie? Who knows why sales reps get things wrong.

I have no idea what the kiosk will do for you. It's their mistake though. They won't be able to grant the referral but they might be able to give you some free accessories.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can always cancel and then get another line and reactivate.

You can also try to send a private to koodo via Facebook or Twitter and if you explain the error of the kiosk, they might be able to help you out =but no gaurentees)
It would laosnbe advantagous if you got the names of those 2 sales reps