Koodo Community
Solved

Defective Phone

• 22 October 2020
  • 21 replies

Userlevel 1

I bought a new iPhone XR for my daughter, however when we opened the package the volume down button wouldn’t work.  I brought the phone in the next day to the only Koodo / Telus store we have in town. I asked them at the Tom Harris store if they could just swap it out as I didn’t even have the phone for 24 hours. He said he couldn’t because they were a private reseller. The guy at the store did take my phone and he said he would send it in so we could get a new phone and that it should only take a week for me to get it back (he said they would send a new phone). That was on Friday October 16th. I’ve heard nothing since then about my daughters phone?  I’ve been with Koodo for 11 years and I’ve been very loyal but this lack of communication is uncalled for. No one has emailed me, called me or had any communication at all with me. What is the status of my daughters phone? I’m not paying for a service that I haven’t even used yet. Someone from Koodo please help. 

icon

Best answer by Cristian Koodo 23 October 2020, 20:30

@bcman79@shaw.ca A replacement phone has already been sent to the same store where you dropped off the malfunctioning one, which is why I recommend you go to that store and pick it up.
Regarding the return / exchange / repair procedure, you are all right, it should be done through a different channel, through the Web Store, if the phone has been ordered online 

Thank you.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'd get in touch with Tom Harris as well. What's your order number? I can flag a Rep to look into it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You are allowed to return or exchange your phone within 15 days.  Did you buy the phone from that store or online?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You are allowed to return or exchange your phone within 15 days.  Did you buy the phone from that store or online?

Go and and show them this: https://www.tomharris.com/return-policy/ which concretes what Dennis says.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your help. I’ll call Tom Harris tomorrow also. Here is the order number HFO28108620  

Userlevel 1

Oh wow, I just read that policy and they should have exchanged the phone is that correct? I bought the phone from Koodo online. That was their excuse on why they could exchange the phone. I said well this is a Koodo store so I still don’t understand. But I needed to get this phone replaced so I trusted them. I guess I shouldn’t have. Thank you everyone for helping.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Oh wow, I just read that policy and they should have exchanged the phone is that correct? I bought the phone from Koodo online. That was their excuse on why they could exchange the phone. I said well this is a Koodo store so I still don’t understand. But I needed to get this phone replaced so I trusted them. I guess I shouldn’t have. Thank you everyone for helping.

Ohhhhhh i see. No they can't return it there. If you bought it online then you need to go through the Websters to get it returned/exchanged within the return window as seen here: https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/returning-or-exchanging-your-koodo-phone

Although they sell koodo, you need to return it to the Webstore from where you bought it.

Userlevel 1

The problem is they took the phone. They said they were going to ship it to Koodo for me. He told me that within a week I will know what’s happening. It will be a week tomorrow, I’ve heard nothing and I’m worried that the phone has been lost and my return window will have expired. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The problem is they took the phone. They said they were going to ship it to Koodo for me. He told me that within a week I will know what’s happening. It will be a week tomorrow, I’ve heard nothing and I’m worried that the phone has been lost and my return window will have expired. 

Did you receive any kind of paper work from them?  Like "Repair order/request" ?

Userlevel 1

No I didn’t get anything from them. I know the guy who works there and I trusted him. I guess I should have received some sort of paperwork.  Should I call Koodo’s help line?? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No I didn’t get anything from them. I know the guy who works there and I trusted him. I guess I should have received some sort of paperwork.  Should I call Koodo’s help line?? 

No.  You need to deal with your guy that works there since you know him since he went outside of the normal process and did you this favour.  Going through the official process now will only get messy and may get your guy in trouble.

Userlevel 5

@bcman79@shaw.ca A replacement phone has already been sent to the same store where you dropped off the malfunctioning one, which is why I recommend you go to that store and pick it up.
Regarding the return / exchange / repair procedure, you are all right, it should be done through a different channel, through the Web Store, if the phone has been ordered online 

Thank you.

Userlevel 1

I want to thank everyone who has helped me with my issue. I called on Friday and spoke with the gentlemen who helped me. My phone should arrive on Monday. I’m so happy with the service from Koodo’s online community and I’m also very grateful for the Tom Harris employee who has also helped me a lot. This is why  I stay with Koodo and why I’ve brought over 3 other people I know over to Koodo from other carriers.  I can’t thank everyone enough. So from me to you  THANK YOU EVERYONE.  A special thanks to the employee at Tom Harris for taking the time to help me. I’m truly a satisfied customer!! Happy weekend all!

Hi Cristian Koodo

I received my new IPhone SE yesterday. 
After setting it up and transferring my data over,  I tried the phone and realized right away something was not right with the sound. The ear piece or upper speaker is malfunctioning and sounds extremely distorted. After setting up a call with Koodo’s WebStore I was told by a call centre in Nicaragua that I have to send it back in perfect condition and wait 25 work days to get a refund. Unfortunately I received a defective phone and my concern is that I will be held responsible for the defect and will not be refunded or exchanged. 
It was not made clear to me that I can’t exchange the online phone at a Koodo store or I would not have agreed, just to save $40 connection fee.
I have to mail it back and wait 25 days for a refund and much longer for an exchange on a defective phone? 
This is after waiting 7 days to receive the phone after being promised 2-3 days.

From your exchange with bcman79 it seems there may be an option to take it to a Telus store for exchange. 

Ive been happy with Koodo in the past, so please help me deal with this or I may have to find a new service provider that can serve my needs better. 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Cristian Koodo

I received my new IPhone SE yesterday. 
After setting it up and transferring my data over,  I tried the phone and realized right away something was not right with the sound. The ear piece or upper speaker is malfunctioning and sounds extremely distorted. After setting up a call with Koodo’s WebStore I was told by a call centre in Nicaragua that I have to send it back in perfect condition and wait 25 work days to get a refund. Unfortunately I received a defective phone and my concern is that I will be held responsible for the defect and will not be refunded or exchanged. 
It was not made clear to me that I can’t exchange the online phone at a Koodo store or I would not have agreed, just to save $40 connection fee.
I have to mail it back and wait 25 days for a refund and much longer for an exchange on a defective phone? 
This is after waiting 7 days to receive the phone after being promised 2-3 days.

From your exchange with bcman79 it seems there may be an option to take it to a Telus store for exchange. 

Ive been happy with Koodo in the past, so please help me deal with this or I may have to find a new service provider that can serve my needs better. 

Thanks

@Tman mailing back to the webstore the the normal process.  Unfortuantely what the staff at Tom Harris did was breaking the protocols in place, and likely because BCman knows the guy at Tom Harris and the guy likely just returned the phone with the same process but on the client’s behalf.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I see the image.  What is your question?

Save, when shop online,

Enjoy free shipping 

Get help at Telus stores!

It says you can get help at a telus store?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It says you can get help at a telus store?

Those are just sub-links from an ad.  If you bought the phone from a telus store then you can bring it back, but you bought the phone online so you need to return the phone to the webstore.  Your alternative would be to bring the phone to the Apple store and have them service it under warranty

Taking it to an apple store sounds like an option. I don't think we have one on Vancouver island, but I think there is an apple service store on Douglas St. here in Victoria BC?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Taking it to an apple store sounds like an option. I don't think we have one on Vancouver island, but I think there is an apple service store on Douglas St. here in Victoria BC?

Ill continue the thread here

https://community.koodomobile.com/other-80596/getting-help-for-in-the-box-no-usage-defective-brand-new-iphone-se-7800751?postid=19869410#post19869410