Koodo Community
Solved

Data used before top up

• 30 April 2021
  • 8 replies

I just topped up my phone and it says half my data is already used and is not resetting also I received a notification saying I used half my data when my plan ran out at midnight. I topped up at noonish the next day and my data is not resetting. What is happening? How do I fix it?

icon

Best answer by BobTheElectrician 1 May 2021, 22:54

Many things can appear wonky during the few days surrounding the top-up cycle.  Most of the time, things sort themselves out within a day or so, so don’t worry needlessly. 

Check back in self-service in a few days.

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you on prepaid or postpaid? Are your other services like texting and calling working?

Its prepaid and yes they work 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Data can't reset just because you top up. You can either change your base plan or buy a booster... Those are the only ways to get more data.

Im talking about my monthly data I get with my base plan I get 2 GB's a month and this month it started with it half gone and I don't know why

And by top up I mean my phone was now on the day the base plan expired so I couldn't call or text or anything and so I put my monthly amount on it for my plan and when I did it says I already used half my monthly data 

Data can't reset just because you top up. You can either change your base plan or buy a booster... Those are the only ways to get more data.

It does reset when it's a new month and it's in ur base plan to have data I topped up cuz I had to to keep my phone on it was the last day so I should get my 2 GB's back especially since I used all 2 GB's the month before I dint have any left over but this month it said I used half already as soon as I got my money on to start my plan for the month

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Check your phone's data usage in settings. Does the data used match what self serve is saying? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Many things can appear wonky during the few days surrounding the top-up cycle.  Most of the time, things sort themselves out within a day or so, so don’t worry needlessly. 

Check back in self-service in a few days.