Koodo Community
Solved

data usage???

• 15 September 2020
  • 10 replies

I have all data OFF on my phone yet I am being charged $10.00 for data used??????

How do u talk to an actual rep without the runaround of automated machine???????????

icon

Best answer by margaretb 15 September 2020, 21:11

Thanx for your response. They say i used .0254 mb. & they charged me $10.00. Now I noticed on a different day I it says I used more than that with no charge. I am soooo confused! My data is shut off and all the apps that say may have usage are shut off as well! I am not part of facebook or twitter. Is this the only way to contact them??

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There are reps here. But disputing the data use charge would be best done by sending a private message to Koodo via Facebook messenger or dm via Twitter to get it sorted out. How much data did it show as used?

Thanx for your response. They say i used .0254 mb. & they charged me $10.00. Now I noticed on a different day I it says I used more than that with no charge. I am soooo confused! My data is shut off and all the apps that say may have usage are shut off as well! I am not part of facebook or twitter. Is this the only way to contact them??

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You'd have to otherwise use the chatbot to request a callback. It's rather simple creating a basic twitter account to use solely for contacting Koodo. It's a shame that there is no chat provision on here but it is what it is.

Thanx for your time hag8d

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

To @margaretb Please address your concern to koodo official ref @Bernard Koodo who responded to my concerns (2 days ago on similar matter) about minor data ‘leaks’ when Mobile Data is disabled by telling the community that Koodo has a 250kb margin built in to ensure that customers will not be charged for such small leaks 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@margaretb  Here is the direct quote:

@nim4165 We are not the OEMs of the phones that create the issue. Despite this, we have taken several steps to protect customers.  All plans do come with a built-in 250kb data buffer, more than enough to account for accidental “leakages”. Anything past that is controllable by users. Ensuring they take proper steps to minimize data flow on their devices.  Some people still want to be able to send pictures to friends and family which does require the “data pipe” to be open. For those the service we offer is data block. Allows sending pictures without having to worry about using data. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@margaretb what plan are you currently on? I’m asking because obviously you have no need/want for data and there might be better alternatives for you… we’d be happy to find you something better if possible :)

@nim4165 :

i used .0254 mb

Koodo has a 250kb margin built in

That splains her overage, no?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanx for your response. They say i used .0254 mb. & they charged me $10.00. Now I noticed on a different day I it says I used more than that with no charge. I am soooo confused! 

Its because they charge you up to 100MB for $10 as overage.  once you went over 250kb, then $10 kicks in till you reach to 100mb.

Check your phone settings.  Because even if you turn off your data, data leakage still could happens.  You need to restrict/ disable background data usage. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Sofia  Does not splain at all: 0.0254 Mb is 25.4 kb (should be ignored if the margin is 250kb)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@nim4165 OP may have added the extra zero.  If they shared a screenshot of the bill all could be straitened out.