Koodo Community
Solved

data issue

I’ve always had the 6gb data plan and been just fine with it until 2 months ago it said I was going to go over so I updated my plan to 12gb because I knew I was going to need a bit more for that month. I am on wifi all day until after 7pm and I typically am not on my phone yet it’s now telling me I’ve used all my data in the first 2 weeks of my cycle??? Something isn’t adding up! My data is turned off during the day when I’m on wifi and my data assist is turned off!

icon

Best answer by Goran 9 June 2021, 02:50

Well if you're part way through your billing cycle you don't get the full data allotment as it's prorated. Is this a whole new billing cycle after your changeover? Is it your phone or Koodo shock free data alerts telling you thst you're at your limit?

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well if you're part way through your billing cycle you don't get the full data allotment as it's prorated. Is this a whole new billing cycle after your changeover? Is it your phone or Koodo shock free data alerts telling you thst you're at your limit?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Also, if you are using an android device you might want to go in settings and check if the cycle is the same as the Koodo one. (in case the cap is set on your phone and not on Self-Serve)

I have an iPhone and it’s been 2 full months on this plan and right around 2 weeks it tells me I’ve used 90% of my date (Koodo message)

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

I saw that throughout the cycle there has been constant usage, every day with no exception and at different hours (during the daytime as well). No error shows, so you can double-check if the Wi-Fi assists  is turned off → https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT205296  As well, you can reset the statistics once the new cycle starts and monitor the apps, see which one uses the most.