Koodo Community
Solved

DATA

• 8 November 2020
  • 3 replies

My A51 data does not work unless I restart the phone each time. Any suggestions out there?

icon

Best answer by rikkster 9 November 2020, 20:03

Have you set limits to data usage on your phone?

To check, go to Settings > Connections > Data usage > Billing cycle and data warning. Check whether the ‘Set data warning’ switch is set to enabled or not. If enabled, you may have exceeded the data limit you’ve set, (if applicable) which would prevent apps from accessing data. This may or may not rule out the issue, but we’ve gotta check everything.

How do I check and manage my data usage? - Samsung

Another option is to reset the phone’s network settings. This procedure refreshes the mobile data connection, among other tasks. Go to Settings > General management - scroll down to and tap Reset. Select Reset network settings and follow the prompts. Note that this procedure will reset mobile data, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections. This means you will have to re-enter Wi-Fi passwords and reconnect Bluetooth devices. Mobile data will automatically re-enable itself.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Why do you say it does not work? What’s the symptoms? 

When I’m not in range of wifi and turn on my data, I still can’t access the apps that s/b accessible like email, whatsapp, etc. I have to restart the phone in order to have the data work.

Badge +4

Have you set limits to data usage on your phone?

To check, go to Settings > Connections > Data usage > Billing cycle and data warning. Check whether the ‘Set data warning’ switch is set to enabled or not. If enabled, you may have exceeded the data limit you’ve set, (if applicable) which would prevent apps from accessing data. This may or may not rule out the issue, but we’ve gotta check everything.

How do I check and manage my data usage? - Samsung

Another option is to reset the phone’s network settings. This procedure refreshes the mobile data connection, among other tasks. Go to Settings > General management - scroll down to and tap Reset. Select Reset network settings and follow the prompts. Note that this procedure will reset mobile data, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections. This means you will have to re-enter Wi-Fi passwords and reconnect Bluetooth devices. Mobile data will automatically re-enable itself.