Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Credit Check without Credit Card?

I saw this under Koodo Support To complete a credit check, we'll need three pieces of identification: 1. Your date of birth. 2. A valid credit card, in your name. We do not accept prepaid credit cards. 3. Either your Social Insurance Number or driver's license. I don't have a credit card. Can I get a credit check with just 1 and 3?

3 replies

These are the conditions for a credit check *The customer must be of legal age in his or her province of residence. *Photo identification is mandatory only when a customer is activating at a retailer or kiosk in order to validate identity. *If additional verification is required, customers may be asked to present Photo ID at a Koodo location for webstore purchases. *Provincial Health cards are not acceptable as photo ID for the purpose of a credit check. *Temporary driver licences can be used for a credit check. *Koodo does not accept US credit checks.
Badge +4
According to the link below, a credit card is needed in order to perform a credit check. Personally, I don't believe this is true because I've gone through credit checks without a credit card with Koodo in the past. The other identification should be fine provided you're of legal age to enter into a contract (18 or 19 years of age, varies by province). http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/before-you-purchase/do-you-perform-a-credit-check
ooops! however it's 2 of the following *Permanent/Temporary Canadian Social Insurance Number (optional, but preferred) *Canadian major credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express) *Non-expired Canadian Driver's license