Koodo Community
Solved

Credit Check Requirements

• 7 October 2020
  • 5 replies

I literally got my credit card yesterday and have no credit history, Will Koodo accept my credit check? I don’t have bad  credit, I just have no credit history. 

icon

Best answer by nim4165 7 October 2020, 22:19

You will have to wait for the results of the credit check. For people who do not have a credit record, or those who have a checkered credit, koodo will most probably define a ‘spending limit’. It means that they will allow you to use your credit card with koodo, up to your spending limit. Note that your credit rating will be affected if your spending will be ‘too close for comfort’ to your credit limit and if you are not able to pay your bills on time. Welcome to the grownups world!

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You should definitely qualify for service, although if you have no credit history you may not be able to put much, if anything, on the tab when you sign up.

Userlevel 7

You will have to wait for the results of the credit check. For people who do not have a credit record, or those who have a checkered credit, koodo will most probably define a ‘spending limit’. It means that they will allow you to use your credit card with koodo, up to your spending limit. Note that your credit rating will be affected if your spending will be ‘too close for comfort’ to your credit limit and if you are not able to pay your bills on time. Welcome to the grownups world!

Userlevel 7

You may wish to consider bringing your own device (BYOD) at first https://www.koodomobile.com/bring-your-own-phone and getting a new phone on a tab later on, once you establish ‘some’ credit record.

Oh I am bringing my own phone! I only want a $45 a month plan, so it sounds like I should be ok. 

Userlevel 7

Should be just fine. Welcome aboard!