Koodo Community

Community

Solved

credit check

I'm currently a Telus customer, wanting to switch to Koodo.  Would I need another credit check?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You shouldn't just to switch. When I switched from Telus to Koodo it was a simple affair over the phone and I just went and grabbed a Sim card at a Koodo store.
Userlevel 7
Goran wrote:

You shouldn't just to switch. When I switched from Telus to Koodo it was a simple affair over th...

Yes, you'll undergo a new credit check unless you're going to prepaid.
Hm, when i signed up for my Koodo plan (45/mo plan with a tab) coming from Virgin Mobile, I did not get my credit check. 

Maybe it depends on the location? I went through Best Buy Mobile.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
JaneSeymour wrote:

Hm, when i signed up for my Koodo plan (45/mo plan with a tab) coming from Virgin Mobile, I ...

Those credit checks can be a joke. I know of a case where a 19-year old on welfare was sold 2 iPhone 6 + plans by Videotron. Apparently, unless you have a definite black mark against you, you can sign up for anything.

Cost the parents big time to get out of that jackpot.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
JaneSeymour wrote:

Hm, when i signed up for my Koodo plan (45/mo plan with a tab) coming from Virgin Mobile, I ...

Out of curiosity did bes buy mobile explicit say they will not do a credit check?
JaneSeymour wrote:

They didn't say they Don't do it.. they didn't do it for me. Legally, they HAVE to tell you that they are doing it. When I signed up for my phone plan, 
i signed a contact for the plan of Koodo's Not Best buy
Userlevel 7
JaneSeymour wrote:

Jane, 

When you signed up did they ask for a credit card or social insurance number? They use that to do the credit check. All new accounts require a credit check. When adding a new line on an account, all that is verified is the history of payment.
JaneSeymour wrote:

Uh nope, they asked for my drivers license and I paid the owing on debit.
Userlevel 7
JaneSeymour wrote:

Did you already have an existing account Jane?
JaneSeymour wrote:

oh no, I was brand new to Koodo BUT i did do a port from Virgin Mobile. Maybe thats why? I know when i first started an account with rogers, I had my credit checked.