Koodo Community
Solved

Credit card charge

• 10 February 2019
  • 7 replies

Hi. I am trying to order a phone that will be payed off with a tab. Why does koodo need to charge my credit card for this?
icon

Best answer by Timo Tuokkola 10 February 2019, 18:18

It's part of the security measures koodo has in place to help prevent identity theft. Credit card information must match koodo account information, phone can only be shipped to same billing address as credit card, etc.
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Personally I think it is still required as it is built into their system
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
They have already given me phones by checking my credit. It's just a way to get a credit card number out of me

And you are aware some folks don't maintain as stellar a credit rating as you, so re-checking at intervals makes sense.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
They have already given me phones by checking my credit. It's just a way to get a credit card number out of me
Like mentioned above, its an anti-fraud measure.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's part of the security measures koodo has in place to help prevent identity theft. Credit card information must match koodo account information, phone can only be shipped to same billing address as credit card, etc.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It is part of their anti-fraud requirements - you have to show you have a good credit rating so they will front the $360 loan (Tab).
Badge +4
If the phone requires anything down that will be put on your card. All online orders require a credit card even if it's a $0 down phone that is ordered.

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/ordering-online