Koodo Community
Question

Crap service

• 8 September 2019
  • 8 replies

In NS we have not had service since last evening when the hurricane struck, There has been zero communication from koodo even to acknowledge they are providing zero service to affected areas. There is zero ways to actually connect either online or by cell (no service remember). Not happy that in this case I am unable to communicate with anyone using my over priced crap koodo service. When will they fix the service or communicate with us.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is anyone else with Koodo/Telus and other carriers in your area having the same issues? Hurricanes can be hard to protect against ti ensure service at times.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dorian probably affected the cell towers. It might take some time in order to make an announcement as to what regions is/isn't affected. OR maybe it's your phone. Have you had friends with Koodo/Telus that have the same problem?
yep it is all over facebook with people complaining from one end of the province to the other and not a word from Koodo, so not our phones but their lack of planning and servicing
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Right and are other carriers also experienced similar outages? I'm guessing yes since 80% of the province lost power. I understand and empathize with the situation but a near total blackout can also disrupt all cellular service. I'm surprised that there isn't much word ATM about it though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
it's on the news : https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/dorian-storm-weather-damage-outage-cellular-network-1.5275314

Maybe it was too obvious to tell people.
Userlevel 5
It seems there is not a single TELUS tower in Nova Scotia. First, Bell needs to get the towers working, and then tell it to TELUS. Then you hope there are actually some humans working at the Self Serve brand to relay that information, or maybe they want customers to Self Serve and tell it to themselves.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Follow Telus on social media and not Koodo
yep it is all over facebook with people complaining from one end of the province to the other and not a word from Koodo, so not our phones but their lack of planning and servicing
Userlevel 3
Hello @tonyT & @triggered123 ! Thank you very much for contacting us! I would like to inform you that the technical team is working in order to remedy this situation, and we hope that the service will be resumed soon. - Alex