Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Coverage issues

Hi i was traveling to the jasper park and have noticed that there was no service at least two hours worth of driving from Lake Luise ( 200-250 Km). I have also found that in between Lake Luise and Banff there is also no service worth of 20 minutes driving. Myself and my wife has iPhone and Nexus 5. Does anybody has the same experience? Does Koodo really use all the towers from Telus? DH

5 replies

Userlevel 7
As long as you were on the (only?) highway, you should have had service. If you detoured, you could have lost service because the service is basically along the highway between Lake Luise and Banff. Here's the coverage map: http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/coverage-maps Type in "lake luise" in the search UNDER the map and then zoom out and you'll see the path to Banff that has coverage
I was traveling on the main highway throughout. I have seen the coverage map before however the service is not there as per map. What about Jasper as per my above comments? I don't think that Koodo use all the towers from Telus becuase of low brand of Telus.
Userlevel 3
Dawood Habib wrote:

I was traveling on the main highway throughout. I have seen the coverage map before however the s...

The map shows LTE and HSPA coverage for Jasper and vicinity Same for Banff to Lake Lousie on the trnascanada hwy. If you are going NW outside of Lake Louise on 93 you are in the mountains and cellphone company covers every part of the country. I'm sure koodo uses the exact same towers as telus. It would be more difficult to separate them than keeping them together.
Dawood Habib wrote:

I was traveling on the main highway throughout. I have seen the coverage map before however the s...

I have told my real life experiience and I was travelling on 93. I would propse to experience yourself and then you would be able to see ,
Badge +4
There are no cell towers that I can see between Lake Louise and Jasper National Park, (Highway AB-93 North), looking at a cell tower location map. Koodo's coverage map shows this stretch of highway as having no signal as well. http://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html Between Lake Louise and Banff (57 km), Koodo's coverage map shows extensive 4G LTE and HSPA coverage between those two points along the TC-1. The Telus cell tower located at Castle Mountain likely picks up where Lake Louise coverage ends and should provide coverage until you reach the outskirts of Banff. There might have been a problem or they may have been performing maintenance on the tower at Castle Mountain that day. You can call Koodo and ask if there were any network outages/interruptions the day you were travelling through that area, (dial *611 from your phone). Side note: Koodo is an mvno, (mobile virtual network operator) and has no towers of their own, their services are piggybacked onto the Telus network and Koodo uses Telus towers. Telus may also have tower sharing agreements with other providers depending on where you're located.