Koodo Community
Question

Coupon Code Used by Others

So I'm currently with PM, and received a text from Koodo with a Promo Code. I tried to apply it near the end of my billing cycle with PM, and is now told that the code was for one-time use and is already used! What can I do now...

10 replies

Badge +4
Once the code is accepted you have to enter a unique validation code that will be in the offer details. Did you get to this step?

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/redeeming-your-koodo-promo-code
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Randy: Well, someone must know your number and used it beforehand. I would suggest you write an email to Koodo and ask them to investigate who took it. I saw someone post their number and sold the promotion on some forum.

In the mean time, you need to contact Koodo directly though..
Yeah, was trying to contact them but could only setup a call back time... I was wondering if there is anyone else on the same boat... And I thought they text you a verification code before activation... 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yeah, was trying to contact them but could only setup a call back time... I was wondering if ther...I dont believe you are the first to have this happen
I am having the same issue. I just gave a friend a promo code and he tried to redeem it yesterday. I haven't shown anyone else the promo code and the code had been used.

I called Koodo support and the guy told me I'm out of luck. I asked that he revoke whomever redeemed my code fraudulently and I was told that is impossible.

Seems kind of sad that Koodo offers a promotion and allows others to steal it and does nothing for the people who were promised it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I am having the same issue. I just gave a friend a promo code and he tried to redeem it yesterday. I haven't shown anyone else the promo code and the code had been used.

I called Koodo support and the guy told me I'm out of luck. I asked that he revoke whomever redeemed my code fraudulently and I was told that is impossible.

Seems kind of sad that Koodo offers a promotion and allows others to steal it and does nothing for the people who were promised it.

What promotion was it? and you tried to gave out to someone else? Was the person eligible for it?

What promotion was it? and you tried to gave out to someone else? Was the person eligible for it?

Koodo: Hey SHANE! Hope you're happy with the amazing $60 10GB deal you scored. All good things are worth sharing, so why not gift the same great plan to your two favourite people? Just give them the promo code: HAPPY and one of two unique validation codes: xxxxxxxxx or xxxxxxxxxx. Each validation code unlocks the 10GB for $60/month plan, and is good for one use only. Use in-store or online at koodo.com/switch - This deal ends May 31, 2019. You're included on the list for Koodo offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe or vist bit.ly/UctlZt
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo: Hey SHANE! Hope you're happy with the amazing $60 10GB deal you scored. All good things are worth sharing, so why not gift the same great plan to your two favourite people? Just give them the promo code: HAPPY and one of two unique validation codes: xxxxxxxxx or xxxxxxxxxx. Each validation code unlocks the 10GB for $60/month plan, and is good for one use only. Use in-store or online at koodo.com/switch - This deal ends May 31, 2019. You're included on the list for Koodo offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe or vist bit.ly/UctlZt

It seems to be a target offer. You might want to contact Koodo again and dispute. If the code was unique, it would be tough for other to know and steal. I really wonder what happened.

Koodo: Hey SHANE! Hope you're happy with the amazing $60 10GB deal you scored. All good things are worth sharing, so why not gift the same great plan to your two favourite people? Just give them the promo code: HAPPY and one of two unique validation codes: xxxxxxxxx or xxxxxxxxxx. Each validation code unlocks the 10GB for $60/month plan, and is good for one use only. Use in-store or online at koodo.com/switch - This deal ends May 31, 2019. You're included on the list for Koodo offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe or vist bit.ly/UctlZtIt seems to be a target offer. You might want to contact Koodo again and dispute. If the code was unique, it would be tough for other to know and steal. I really wonder what happened.

Thanks I'll try again.
Badge +4

You say you received two validation codes? Were they both showing as being used?

Make sure to use refer a friend as well when signing up friends so you both receive bill credits. The process has to be started before they activate so make sure to follow the procedure or it will be denied.

https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/public/home.pg?lang=en