Koodo Community
Solved

Cost to upgrade after I start on a plan when I bring my own device

• 24 October 2020
  • 3 replies

If I bring my own device to a new koodo plan as a new customer, what happens if I want to upgrade to an eligible device after, say, 10 months, and stay on my plan? Presumably, since I wouldn’t have any Tab or Tab Bonus balance, there would be no fees to pay in order to get a new phone, just the new monthly Tab charge, correct? My concern is that there might be additional (hidden) fees beyond the cost of the new phone itself. Anyone have any insight?

icon

Best answer by Goran 24 October 2020, 17:23

Nope that is not a thing at all. If anything Koodo wants you on a tab as it incentivizes you to remain with Koodo.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7

If you get in on a promotion plan and would like to buy a phone on tab later on, you MAY be asked to select a different plan. There 

If you get in on a promotion plan and would like to buy a phone on tab later on, you MAY be asked to select a different plan. There 

Sure, I can understand that I might only be eligible for a fancy new phone if I’m on a more expensive plan. That’s not really my concern. I just want to make sure I wouldn’t be penalized for upgrading my phone after less than 24 months if I don’t owe any money toward my old device.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Nope that is not a thing at all. If anything Koodo wants you on a tab as it incentivizes you to remain with Koodo.