Koodo Community

Community

Solved

connection reception cuts in and out

My mother has your service and her reception is horrible. She is at holidsy beach rd. rv park inbetween baden and new hamburg ontario...is there anything she can do? She had the phone there last year too and it was perfect last year. She has a iphone that cost her 700 dollars so i dont think its the phone and its the same phone she had last year. Any help much appreceiated.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
The iPhone might have 3G disabled, if so your mother will have to turn it on as Koodo uses a 3G network. If that's not it she can try turning on airplane mode for a few seconds and turning it back off to refresh the network connection. Quick question though: Do you know if anyone else has a similar issue in the same area? If so, your mother should call tech support so we can log a potential network issue.
Userlevel 7
Curtules wrote:

The iPhone might have 3G disabled, if so your mother will have to turn it on as Koodo uses a 3G n...

Since Koodo only has a 3G network and not 2G or EDGE like Rogers/Fido do, if 3G was disabled I'm thinking the phone wouldn't work at all - it would say no service/emergency calls only.
Userlevel 6
Curtules wrote:

The iPhone might have 3G disabled, if so your mother will have to turn it on as Koodo uses a 3G n...

D'oh, I forgot the title while writing the reply.
Userlevel 2
Hey Roberta, you can also check the coverage area to ensure that we cover that specific area. Here is the link (http://koo.do/JbHkbm) to check the coverage area. One thing to consider is when indoors, there are numerous things that can affect the signal and we can’t guarantee indoor service. If she is able to have a good signal outside but not inside then it would definitely be something within the building causing the poor reception. ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Userlevel 7
I find it odd that you're using the same phone and network as you were a year ago but all of a sudden your reception got worse. Cell networks don't degrade over time, they only improve via additional towers or repeaters/boosters installed. It could either be her being inside at the time or... this is a longshot but is she using a case/cover on the phone? It's rare but sometimes they mess up signals.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

I find it odd that you're using the same phone and network as you were a year ago but all of a su...

Or the way you hold the phone. There was that iPhone 4 death grip that caused receptions issues a while back