Koodo Community
Solved

Confusion

I am getting charged for data but i didn't take data on my plan i did download some stuff from my WIFI but i dont think i should get charged for that

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Lucifer,
All Koodo's plans include data (some a fixed amount, others flex data). How much did you get charged for data, if I may ask? If it was $5, you phone might have "leaked" some data while you were not on WiFi. If you don't need picture messaging, you might want to call Koodo to request a data block so it won't happen again.
Userlevel 6
Sophia wrote:

Hi Lucifer,
All Koodo's plans include data (some a fixed amount, others flex data). How much did ...

I think data block sucks.:-) the one time you are not within a wi-fi spot and you need access to the web you won't be able to. I. E. calling 411 for a number is $2.50. Looking up a number on 411.ca is $0.50 or less. 🙂
Userlevel 6
Wi-fi is a funny thing. Depending how far you are from your router if the signal is not strong enough the network will pick it up so there wouldn't be any interruptions. By default you have access to data whether you bought it with your plan or not. Even talk and text plans can access the Internet. If you downloaded an app or accessing stuff like Facebook it will use data and that you have to pay for. You can turn your settings off on your phone to avoid this. Go under settings then data.
Userlevel 3
To prevent this from happening again make sure you keep your wifi on and after you connect to this disable your data in your settings. This will ensure you are connected to wifi. If you lose connection you may be too far from the hotspot but doing this will ensure when you're aware your connecting through a cell phone tower and not a router.
Userlevel 2
Rest assured that Koodo does not charge you for using WiFi. However, if you accidentally use data on the cellular network which can occur if any of your apps accesses the Internet while you are not connected to WiFi, you will incur a data charge according to the flex data saver tiers. If you're unsure how to disable data use on the cellular network, let us know what your smartphone model is and someone will give you the steps to disable data (this will not prevent you from using WiFi).
Hi there. Just wondering why my bill went up to 139$? Last time it was 122.51
Userlevel 5
Destiny Elson wrote:

We can't answer that question because we don't have the information. You can go into your Self Serve account and see your E-bill and see detailed billing. A PDF file should appear and you should be able to see why you're bill is higher than usual. To address these issues, please call Customer Care as this is a problem that is specifically tied within your account and personal information isn't to be shared online.
Userlevel 6
Destiny Elson wrote:

@ Destiny, take a screen shot of your bill, minus your personals, and we can most likely tell you in minutes why your bill is higher. But likely because you used your phone more.