Koodo Community

Complaint about fees

• 2 November 2020
  • 16 replies

I changed my sons phone number from my account to his own. He will be charged $55.50 for the privilege. If he had started a new account he wouldn’t have been charged but because he wanted to keep his phone number they charge $40.00 to change the account, $10.00 processing fee and then GST and PST on top of it. We have had four plans and countless phones for over ten years and they would nickle and dime charge a good customer but not charge a new one. It makes no sense and is poor customer service. They’ve lost this family and they won’t even care! Beware starting a plan with Koodo!

This topic has been closed for comments

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Was everything done online? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@LianaV - Thank you for flagging the typo on our Service Fee page. The Transfer of Ownership fee did in fact increase from $10 to $40 quite recently.

Due to the error, I went ahead and applied a credit to your sons account. He’ll only be charged the old fee of $10.

Thanks again for letting us know :)

Userlevel 6

@LianaV - Thank you for flagging the typo on our Service Fee page. The Transfer of Ownership fee did in fact increase from $10 to $40 quite recently.

Due to the error, I went ahead and applied a credit to your sons account. He’ll only be charged the old fee of $10.

Thanks again for letting us know :)

Wow that is a crazy huge fee increase!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

A transfer of ownership should only cost $10 and is only available over the phone.  I do not understand what the $40 fee is.  Can you show us a screen capture of the $40 fee in addition to the $10 fee?

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/contact-us?INTCMP=KMNew_FooterLINK_ContactUs_ContactUs

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don’t think there’s a “cheap charge given to a long-time plan holder who has always been in good standing” on Koodo’s service fees. The only reason you would be charged 40$ is for : Phone activation/account set-up. Which in this case shouldn’t happen. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Please confirm with your son that’s the reason why you got charged. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How are you not getting that it is for that $50.00 charge that I am complaining?

I understand, but I’m not sure why the charge was for. If it’s for Phone activation/account set-up then I don’t see any logic why it happened. Anyways, I flagged someone from Koodo. He’ll come looking into it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I no longer have access to his account so cannot screen shot the charge. It seems like a cheap charge given to a long-time plan holder who has always been in good standing.

Can you please get your son to take a screen capture of the charge? 

It would really help if we can see what it is about and then we can funnel your complaint to the right area to ensure the best chances of success. 

I really want to help you here because i do not believe a transfer of ownership should have a charge more than $10 +tax, but I do need to see the charge to get a better understanding of what Koodo did

Userlevel 6

I changed my sons phone number from my account to his own. He will be charged $55.50 for the privilege. If he had started a new account he wouldn’t have been charged but because he wanted to keep his phone number they charge $40.00 to change the account, $10.00 processing fee and then GST and PST on top of it. We have had four plans and countless phones for over ten years and they would nickle and dime charge a good customer but not charge a new one. It makes no sense and is poor customer service. They’ve lost this family and they won’t even care! Beware starting a plan with Koodo!

Hello there! Sorry to know you feel that way. Can you please ask the current account holder to send us a private message on Facebook or Twitter so we can have a look at the charges? Thanks. 

I spoke with a representative yesterday who completed the transaction and two people today who verified that there was nothing that could be done as it’s a “mandatory” fee. The person yesterday did not mention that there wouldn’t be a charge if he started a new account and gave up his number. So it appears that in order to keep his number and continue paying from his account rather than mine costs him $55.50 even though the service and the plan did not change.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I spoke with a representative yesterday who completed the transaction and two people today who verified that there was nothing that could be done as it’s a “mandatory” fee. The person yesterday did not mention that there wouldn’t be a charge if he started a new account and gave up his number. So it appears that in order to keep his number and continue paying from his account rather than mine costs him $55.50 even though the service and the plan did not change.

Im sorry but you have not answered our questions.

Do you have a receipt with the fee?  How did you do this?  Where do you see this $50+ tax charge?

I no longer have access to his account so cannot screen shot the charge. It seems like a cheap charge given to a long-time plan holder who has always been in good standing.

I saw the charge online before I lost access and I have answered all questions with the reps during the call backs to no avail

Well Robert T, it happened and is the reason for my complaint

I did confirm with the rep two hours ago!

How are you not getting that it is for that $50.00 charge that I am complaining?