Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Comparing Telecom Companies of Canada


Can we diplomatically point out the bad corporate behaviour of the big telecom companies in Canada. i.e. the big monopolizer of our century and the new aged robber-baron who introduced reversed billing. Can you guess the two that I am referring? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Canadian_mobile_phone_companies

6 replies

What's the point? There's no reason to have a topic dedicated to bad mouthing other providers on Koodo's forum. It's just bad etiquette. If you want to do this on a separate forum go ahead, but Koodo's forums are meant for Koodo discussion.
Marcus Fenix wrote:

What's the point? There's no reason to have a topic dedicated to bad mouthing other providers on ...

oops...mind my manners Marcus...just having phone, I mean fun. I have been a Ma Bell customer for over 100 years starting with my grandma's phone. If it wasn't for our loyalty to her majestic ways of controlling the market for 100 years...she would be dead by now. As for our buddy Ted...awe well what can we say... capitalism at its maximum abilities. With a method of giving someone something they don't need, and billing them for it afterwards, without the customer given consent!...just saying Marcus...
Userlevel 1
Marcus Fenix wrote:

What's the point? There's no reason to have a topic dedicated to bad mouthing other providers on ...

I don't think there are strict rules what can be discussed here Marcus.:-) Dan's topic has been part of our per-second-billing thread. That said, Dan you can move to Cuba or Venezuela if you want to enjoy the fruits of communism. But you better beready to give up your cellphone, putting food on the table is going to be your priority. 🙂 On a more serious note, having a cellphpone ain't a right. It's not written in the constitution. 🙂 You don't have to have one. Your point on what I beleive is called "negative option billing" is 100% valid. But then again that was over a decade ago and no one practices that today. Also, if you were not happy with Bell no one forced you to stay with them except your decision to sign a contract and be enslaved for years. At least koodo did away with contracts and to some extent forced the others to respond in kind. If you are the betting kind I'm willing to put $100 that if we checked what we got for $50 worth of cellphone services 5 years ago it would be far less than what it is today. Is everything perfect? No, but it's certainly not as dark as you seem to beleive it.
Marcus Fenix wrote:

What's the point? There's no reason to have a topic dedicated to bad mouthing other providers on ...

Comparison providers is one thing, straight bad mouthing them is entirely different and shouldn't be promoted, regardless of their practices.
Marcus Fenix wrote:

What's the point? There's no reason to have a topic dedicated to bad mouthing other providers on ...

Progress is beautiful Rory...thank you for that.
Userlevel 1
Marcus Fenix wrote:

What's the point? There's no reason to have a topic dedicated to bad mouthing other providers on ...

Why should bad mouthing not be allowed? If someone is not happy they should be able to state that. They could be completely wrong, but straight censorship of negative opinions doesn't lead to democracy. 🙂

Reply