Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Changing sim card on a Koodo phone once out of Canada

I cancelled a phone service on July 8th. I had purchased the phone for a Rotary Youth Exchange student. We were given a procedure to follow to change the sim card once he got back to Sweden. He has contacted me to inform me that the process didn't work. Please advise me what to do.

8 replies

Hello,
I have a Samsung Ace II and I got it unlocked before leaving Canada. I am now in Europe and have purchased a SIM card here but there is no prompt to enter the code given to me by Koodo nor will my phone recognize the new SIM card. Please help.
Thank you.
Userlevel 6
I've had another customer with problems unlocking their Galaxy S3, the unlock code is good (triple checked it and the IMEI) but it won't accept the code, it asks but says "unlock failed" and this doesn't just appear to be Koodo S3s either. The going theory is that Samsung's recent region locking is preventing an unlock done outside the country of origin of the phone. Samsung denies this, but...yeah. But I have good news, I've been checking around and I've found something that might work. Possible workaround: for Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, Note & Note 2 - Verify if device is rooted: check about, if rooted the phone will say "modified" in device status. · Go to the Dial pad and dial *#197328640# · Please click on number [1] UMTS > [1] Debugging screen > [8] Phone Control > [6] NETWORK LOCK · You will see 3 options · Please click on number [1] Perso Sha256 INFO, the screen will change slightly · Please hit the MENU button then when the menu pops up please carefully hit BACK to return to the previous screen · Please click on number [2] Perso Sha256 ON, the screen will change again to a one line message · Restart the phone on the screen by holding the power button and click RESTART · When the phone prompts for the unlock code simply enter the unlock code · The phone should be unlocked
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bill Ritchie wrote:

I'll ask him. He is online now. The information we were given is The unlock code for your Sams...

And when you put in a non-koodo sim, did it ask for the unlock code?
I'll ask him. He is online now. The information we were given is The unlock code for your Samsung GS3 is 93862628
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bill Ritchie wrote:

Yes I did get an unlock code and yes we did pay the necessary fees. I am looking for the unlock ...

So when he entered the unlock code when he inserted a non-koodo sim, what happened?
Yes I did get an unlock code and yes we did pay the necessary fees. I am looking for the unlock information but I may have to contact Sweden to get it. He wrote it into the phone so I don't think I kept my paper copy.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bill Ritchie wrote:

My account number is 26923158 and the plan was purchased on Nov. 20 2013. I believe the phone is...

Did they give you an unlock code? Is there an unlock charge on your bill?
Userlevel 6
Unlock procedures vary depending on the device, so first question is what phone is he using? Also, did you process the unlock with Koodo before cancelling? you would've been given either a code or instructions to sync to iTunes (if it's an iPhone).