Koodo Community
Solved

Changing phones= disaster

Had an Lg phone before with a prepaid SIM card. I bought an iphone, bought a new SIM card(because Iphone SIM cards are smaller than Lg SIMs), I went on koodo self serve, went in "change SIM", entered the new SIM number for the iphone. Looked at the iphone, still said no service even after restarting it. I then realised that i had bought a PrePaid SIM for the Iphone (which isnt a prepaid phone). I cant go and switch the new PrePaid SIM at the moment so I decided to go back to my old phone for now. When I go in "change SIM" again and try to change it, it says SIM card already in use, but the Lg phone says the SIM card doesnt work. So now I have two phones, an Lg p500-h, prepaid, and an Iphone 4, that i cant use, and two SIM cards that wont work, PLEASE HELP ME WHAT DO I DO?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Hi Sab, concerning your LG phone, I suggest that you contact us over the phone so we can check what's happening with the old SIM card. We can be reached at 1-866-995-6636 from another phone, option #6. For the iPhone, it's a bit confusing. Are you trying to activate it on a postpaid account or prepaid? Postpaid accounts can't be activated online and you must contact us over the phone or go to a store. Can you give us more details? Thank you! ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Userlevel 7
There is no such thing as a "prepaid phone". Koodo only uses that term for people who want to purchase a phone from them to use on prepaid as they have different prices than the monthly plan users. Monthly users get a cheaper price on most phones. If your sim card isn't working in the iPhone, it most likely isn't a Telus/Koodo iPhone and needs to be unlocked.