Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Changing Phone Number?

I am a recently graduated student from Nova Scotia. I signed up with Koodo because they offer a basic $30 plan that is all I need for work. I recently got a job in Manitoba and will be moving there in a few weeks. I need a Manitoba number to make work calls.

The Koodo rep couldn't give me a Manitoba number at the store because it may get flagged for "fraud". I can't change provinces on self-serve. The rep said I could call Koodo no problem. Now I find out that it costs $10 to change your cell phone number on the phone.

WTF, I tried to change it in the store, now they're including hidden fees to change the number. Seems pretty ridiculous.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Fees are waived for out of province number changes, as it is not possible to make them via self serve.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Fees are waived for out of province number changes, as it is not possible to make them via self s...

Don't worry about it. As Timo says, there's no charge. Once you have a MB number and billing address, you might want to re-assess your Koodo plan. The MB plans in the upper echelons are quite a but cheaper than what you would have to pay now.

Good luck with the new job.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Fees are waived for out of province number changes, as it is not possible to make them via self s...

Thanks for the clarification!