Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Changing Phone and Plan

After I pay off my tab on my phone that I have now (Samsung Galaxy Ace) I am looking into getting an Iphone. Can I just switch over or do I have to pay for the phone?...also I am wanting to change my plan from what I have now.

58 replies

Userlevel 1
You can put the iphone on a Tab, or buy it outright. As for plans, you can change plans in self serve once a month as long as it meets the requirements for the Tab size you opt for
ok. Do you guys sell Iphone 5C?..That's the phone I was looking into buying
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Emily Ann wrote:

Yes they do https://shop.koodomobile.com/phones/models/index.html
Userlevel 1
Emily Ann wrote:

Damn Dennis beat me to it
Emily Ann wrote:

but they don't have the color I want though...I want the lime green one they only sell the blue and white ones.
Emily Ann wrote:

How does it work if I were to buy the phone from the apple store but still go through Koodo with my plan?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Emily Ann wrote:

You could always buy it from Apple and bring the phone to use with Koodo. You just have to buy a nano Sim card from Koodo and use self serve to switch your sim card to the new one This way the phone will also be unlocked and you wont have to pay off your tab. If you tab happens to be paid off, then you could get the BYOD discount and get 10% off your monthly plan EVERY month!
Emily Ann wrote:

So if I wait for my tab to be paid off then buy the phone from the Apple Store and bring it to koodo then I would get the BYOD (what does that stand for) and get 10% off my monthly plan?..Correct?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Emily Ann wrote:

BYOD = Bring your own device And yes once you pay off your tab you get 10% off your monthly plan 🙂 http://koodomobile.com/en/on/switch2koodo.shtml
Emily Ann wrote:

OK! 🙂 That sounds like a pretty good deal to me! 🙂
Userlevel 3
You can bill yourself out for the tab. Keep in mind any upgrades require you to pay off your current tab. If you want to keep your current price plan You'd have to choose the medium tab ($300 off the retail of the phone) with $5 tab charge. If you go witht he large the tab charge is $10 and you'll have to choose from one of the large tab plans. Plus side you'll get up to $500 off for the phone.
Ok. I am currently waiting to pay off my current tab before going a head and getting a new phone. I am also wanting to change my plan from what I have now, because the plan I have now does not allow me to send/receive photos within text messages. So I am wanting a plan where I am able to send/recieve photos within text messages.
Userlevel 7
Which iPhone were you looking at? If you want to switch plans anyway, since all of them are $30+ now, you would qualify for Small or Medium Tab. I highly recommend Medium Tab for best value. You would pay off your negative Tab (can be billed out to you in store). Let's say you wanted the 5S 16GB (choice of black or gold) $725 retail price Small Tab: $575 in store. Medium Tab: $425 in store. Must have a $30 plan (if you switch they all are anyway) + $5 Tab charge until Tab balance reaches 0, whcih will be 24 months or less Large Tab: $225 in store. Must have a Tab L plan + $10 Tab charge until it's paid off in 24 months or less. I do not recommend this because you have better choice with Small/Medium and you end up paying a few hudnred $$ more over 24 months. EDIT: If you do buy the phone from Apple, it comes unlocked and you can get 10% off your Koodo plan (if you have no Tab balance). You don't have to wait for it be finished. All new plans include MMS.
The phone I am looking at is the 5C in lime green. So you are recommending the medium tab then? So what would I be looking at if I were to choose the Iphone 5C?
it looks liek you only sell that phone in blue or grey/white in the 5C...so I was thinking of getting the Phone from the Apple Store then bringing it to Koodo to set up a plan...
Userlevel 3
If you get the your phone from the apple store your tab would get continued to be payed off on your monthly bill.
Rocky Balboa wrote:

If you get the your phone from the apple store your tab would get continued to be payed off on yo...

so if I were to get my phone now..I can still continue to keep my plan and pay off the tab I have now?? O.o
Userlevel 3
Rocky Balboa wrote:

If you get the your phone from the apple store your tab would get continued to be payed off on yo...

Yup! and once you do you'll be eligible to use the tab again or the (BYOD) no sim discount! You'd get 10% off your monthly bill! Keep in mind no tab is accrual when you do this.
Rocky Balboa wrote:

what do you mean by accrual?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rocky Balboa wrote:

That once your tab is at 0, it wont continue to grow positive credits if you have the BYOD discount. It's one or the other
Rocky Balboa wrote:

ok
Userlevel 7
I just edited my post because GetSat doesn't update the thread until I refresh the page so I didn't see you wanted the lime green. So go buy it from Apple and bring it over. You'll need a nano SIM card to be activated, too. Any kiosk or retailer who sells Koodo can do it for you.
haha ok thats fine! 🙂 whats a nano sim card?..is that a normal sim card?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Emily Ann wrote:

haha ok thats fine! 🙂 whats a nano sim card?..is that a normal sim card?

Its like a normal sim card but smaller. Apple likes to use the smaller sim cards. I guess they like to save space