Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Changing from number from 343*** to 613***

Hello, I would like to change my phone number which start with 343** to a new phone number start with 613***. I have checked the self service but the list for new phone number only shows numbers beginning with 343***. I appreciate if you can instruct me how to change my phone number. Many thanks

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Simply put, the reason you cannot choose a 613 area code is because there are essentially no 613 numbers remaining to be assigned. That's why the 343 overlay area code was added. All new numbers in this area are being assigned to this area code.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's possible that Koodo can assign you one as people change numbers and cancel service all the time but expect to be charged for the service if you call in since it sounds like you want it for "vanity" reasons an you're asking for a specific area code. There' also no guarantee anything will be available as it's also a geographic aspect.
Thanks for quick reply.  When I first activated my plan and chose phone number yesterday, the list for choosing phone number is long with more phone number option showed. They still have numbers start with 613, but just a few.  I am new in Canada so I did not know that 613 and 343 represent for different areas. I though they are the same. That is why I chose number starting with 343. However, my friend told me that if I choose the phone number start with 343, people may consider it is long distance call so they may hesitate to call me. Today I go to self service to change phone number, but they only show about 5 new phone numbers to choose, and no more number option showed. How can I show more phone number in the list? Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
They don't represent different areas they both perfectly overlap. It's unlikely people will not call you over that. I've notice people getting used to new overlay area codes very quickly in Ontario , Quebec. I wouldn't worry. There's a limit to how many numbers it will generate for you. That's the options you have without calling in and paying for more.
Thanks Goran