Koodo Community

Community

Change the wording on the Welcome to the US text.

Userlevel 5
I've noticed a couple messages on here now where people have misinterpreted what the Welcome to the US text is telling them. Now it's been a year since I've been to the US so I don't have the actual "text" of the message in front of me, but I know it says something like texts from Koodo will not be charged. Due to the fact that recently we've had a few people who have been confused by this, and were billed thinking they were getting free texts (in one way or another), maybe it's time to update the message to say something like. You are not billed for this message. Something that doesn't give the impression that all texts (or texts to Koodo) will not be charged. I have to assume that these two people are not the only ones who have been confused and others have called in with similar issues. http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/i_dont_think_i_should_be_charged_for_those_4_messages_at_all http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/feel_ripped_off_with_text_charges

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Here is the actual message. I agree the last line is poorly worded for the context of the rest of the message. It really should say texting koodo at 4545 is free. Saying texting "us" could be confused for texting "US".

Userlevel 6
Such an easy fix! I hope they listen to you guys.
Userlevel 5
Thanks for bringing this to our attention, team. I can see why saying texting "us" could be confused for texting "US". We're looking for the best solution right now. I'll update this post when it's confirmed! ~Sumaya
Userlevel 5
Sumaya K. wrote:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, team. I can see why saying texting "us" could be confu...

Great thanks for the update Sumaya!
Userlevel 1
Grammatically, I don't see where the confusion lies, since if it were referring to free American texting, it would have read "texting to the US," (notice the "to" and capital US). Koodo did mention the US in capitals in the first sentence, and once again when referring to US roaming. Still, at a quick glance, I can see how this can confuse some people. What is Koodo planning on replacing it with?
Userlevel 7
G R wrote:

Grammatically, I don't see where the confusion lies, since if it were referring to free American ...

I think just changing it to "texting koodo is free" would be an improvement
Userlevel 5
G R wrote:

Grammatically, I don't see where the confusion lies, since if it were referring to free American ...

While I agree with that, one of those topics dealt with someone texting Koodo questions and not getting a response and then being charged if I remember correctly. This one. http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/i_dont_think_i_should_be_charged_for_those_4_messages_at_all
Userlevel 7
Apparently it's been done! 🙂

Userlevel 5
Awesome. Glad to see it implemented!
Userlevel 5
Jorden wrote:

You should now have you CEO badge Jorden! 🙂
Userlevel 5
Jorden wrote:

Sweet thanks Sumaya!
Userlevel 5
Jorden wrote:

You're welcome 🙂
Userlevel 5
Thank you very much Jorden for your idea. We took it back to the team who was able to get the copy changed pretty quick. It's community members like you that make Koodo better!

~ Sumaya
Is it still free to text 4545? The message doesn't say that any more.
Userlevel 6
Sharon Buchanan wrote:

Is it still free to text 4545? The message doesn't say that any more.

It's always free to get the add ons. So yes.