Koodo Community

Community

Change the level of Genius to something else...

[i] Based on the words of Sheldon, I think we Koodo should change the the 4Star item to say "General", as in 4 star general?

18 replies

Userlevel 6
Does Koodo have the ability to change the names?
Erwin wrote:

After looking at the configuration items posted for GS I believe you can within the user role management. On their own site people are "champs" https://getsatisfaction.com/corp/help/creating-managing-champs/
Userlevel 2
Erwin wrote:

Yeah. Get Satisfaction has a certain degree of customization built into their standard package. Any additional customization outside of this can be done, but their is a fee associated with it.
Userlevel 5
Why do you want to change the name Geoff? 😉
Userlevel 1
Sumaya K. wrote:

He wants it to be "Genius Plus" may be that has more power, which will bring Koodo to change other status like "Prodigy Plus Plus" or, "MobileMaster Extra Plus", will it help this community, I don't know!
Sumaya K. wrote:

Ignore Geoff, most of his posts don't actually contain anything useful 😑.
Sumaya K. wrote:

No Mat, I don't agree with that at all, remember as Ameil said, "To do easily what is difficult for others is the mark of talent. To do what is impossible for talent is the mark of genius."
Sumaya K. wrote:

And you are still taking this way too seriously. It's a forum title, not an award.....
Userlevel 1
Sumaya K. wrote:

Sherlock Holmes, I posted what I think is correct, never judge other posters or try to play "Sherlock Holmes" role, every poster in this community is only trying his or her best to help others, not to argue over the community with other posters that's: bullying! sorry.. if you don't like my posts.. just ignore them pls, do me a favour!
Sumaya K. wrote:

Mat, I understand but remember what Shakespeare said about a a battle of wits! Also I am reminded of a movie about Doyle's character from Baker street: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Without_a_Clue
Userlevel 1
Sumaya K. wrote:

Cool! thx Geof, I'll also read that wikipedia Doyle's character and probably watch that movie. lol!. I wish Shakespeare is resurrected and let people understand that they should keep decent behaviour when dealing with other people.
Sumaya K. wrote:

So much double talk and hypocrasy on this forum, its incredible.
Sumaya K. wrote:

Actually if you have android (and wifi, too expensive on 3g) the US TV app had this movie on one of the local stations in the States last week. Hey you can't go wrong with Ben Kingsley, right?
Sumaya, First off, let's look at the definition: 1) Exceptional intellectual or creative power or other natural ability. or 2) A person who is exceptionally intelligent or creative, either generally or in some particular respect: "musical genius". Now does the ability to rack up points state an ability or desire? Second, if Apple (a Koodo equipment provider) uses this term is there not some brand confusion? http://www.apple.com/ca/retail/geniusbar/ Example, A koodo genius making an Apple support suggestion? Is this an Apple Genius or Koodo Genius, leads to clutter. Finally the term, to some is to consider the highest level of human achievement. (http://www.centreforthemind.com/publications/gpsbook.pdf) Such a reading would suggest that a Prodigy should be below a genius. This term "genius" has been cluttered in media/culture with overuse: do we have such a high growth of evolution as people; any documentary on MTV about the Jersey Shore would suggest the contrary.
MarcusG wrote:

Sumaya, First off, let's look at the definition: 1) Exceptional intellectual or creative powe...

For crying out loud Geoff, it's just a forum title, nothing more. Plenty of forums have titles based on "post count". This is no different. You're taking this WAY too seriously. Enjoy it for what it is. If you can't, then don't be here.
MarcusG wrote:

Sumaya, First off, let's look at the definition: 1) Exceptional intellectual or creative powe...

Erwin: "OMG Sherlock your so uptight. I think Geoff just wants more title names for some reason, theres no point to shut down all his responses/ideas" Uptight? Not at all. Geoff is the one being uptight over a forum title "Genius" for God knows whatever reason.
Another thought has come to mind, if someone libels someone on here and they bestowed a such "title," could Koodo also be exposed to action. Granted we should consider
    terms of use agreement as well as any disclaimer conduct of others
But perhaps calling someone a Genius or higher than that in their corporate mind could be a risk?
MarcusG wrote:

Another thought has come to mind, if someone libels someone on here and they bestowed a such "tit...

What? You're not even making any sense 😑. These are FORUM TITLES. They don't have any weight outside of Get Satisfaction. I don't understand why you're brain cannot comprehend this.