Koodo Community
Solved

Change phone number in "In Progress" for over a week

• 26 June 2020
  • 4 replies

I signed up to Koodo online and it took sometime to get my sim card in the mail.  When I go it I created an account and in self-serve tried to move my existing number. I htought I had follwed the steps correctly but got a message saying that the number could not be changed but when I look in Manage Phone Number is see the number that I want to change to in an “In Progress” state and saying it may take up to 48 hours.  That was over a week ago.  The help assistant not very helpful.  How long does this normally take?  I even called the previous provider and they said that there was nothing they can do because a request to move the number had already been created.   Meantime, Koodo is billing me for a service that I cannot use

icon

Best answer by Helen Koodo 26 June 2020, 16:46

Hello,

We are really sorry for this delay. Was your phone number active when you completed the port in request? Did you receive any error message during the process? In order to verify your account and the port in status, you can contact us on Facebook or Twitter and we will be more than happy to help you with this situation. 

All the best, 

Helen

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you’re trying to do it again ti doesn’t work?

Userlevel 4

Hello,

We are really sorry for this delay. Was your phone number active when you completed the port in request? Did you receive any error message during the process? In order to verify your account and the port in status, you can contact us on Facebook or Twitter and we will be more than happy to help you with this situation. 

All the best, 

Helen

Thank you Helen. The was and is still active on the previous carrier.  There was a message saying that the transfer could not be done but when I checked it it did say the transfer was in progress showing the number I want to port.

How do I find you on Facebook (sorry Facebook newbie)

Mo

Userlevel 4

Hello,

I’m happy to help. You can contact us on Facebook or Twitter using the links at the bottom of this page. Just click on those symbols that you see in the right corner and you will be able to send us a private message. 

Regards,

Helen