Koodo Community

Community

Change Koodo's Reputation that every time you need to call customer service it costs money

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo has this horrible reputation that you can't call customer service for free and that you need to pay to talk to a customer service agent on the phone. Some of this is Koodo's own doing For example: -The prepaid telephone IVR says it costs $5 https://c.getsatisfaction.com/koodo/topics/koodo-makes-it-impossible-to-use-prepaid-effectively -Reps from kiosks and 3rd party retailers warn customers that calling will incur charges (which they are doing to be helpful so customers dont get any unexpected charges) A combination of this has destroyed the truth that calling Koodo is always free. That while in Canada, dialing *611 is free too (doesnt use any airtime minutes). In fact calling Koodo only costs money when requesting Customer Service to do something that you could have done on your own via self serve. Which is a very reasonable request. A customer can even call Koodo to ask how to do something on self serve, do it them selves, and still not get charged by Koodo. Or if you are trying it on self serve and it is not working. My idea is basically to change this reputation. Note on the website, on self serve, on the app, on brochures, have this on the IVR, and train all reps and retailers to say "calling Koodo is always free (*611) and asking questions is always free, unless you ask customer service to do something that you could have done on your own via self serve"

16 replies

Userlevel 5
Love this idea. Going to start doing this.
Userlevel 5
I tell all my customers its free to call customer service, they only charge to make changes to the account 😃
Userlevel 6
To be honest I find answers to my question far quicker here than bothering to call. But maybe that's not the case for everyone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
That's true but we can't help with account specific questions and people think they will be charged 5$ for asking on the phone.
Userlevel 6
Chad Burr wrote:

That's true but we can't help with account specific questions and people think they will be charg...

Looking at what most people are asking about, when it comes to account specific posts, the majority seem to be about two things; my bill is higher than I expected it, mostly answered by proration or data overage. All details are on people invoice on the third page. So even those with account specific questions can get answers 90% of time. I'm just guessing that number based on what i see happening.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

That's true but we can't help with account specific questions and people think they will be charg...

Taking away phone support will simply never work, never. Just look at the mess another carrier is in when they tried to do that. Demanding $5 per call is just too cheap for words, especially since it is not enforced. We know that, but the uninitiated caller does not. Koodo should definitely change the wording.
Userlevel 6
Chad Burr wrote:

You mean public mobile? I see that you can only email them now. Amazon is no different and to be honest I haven't heard anyone complaining about that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

I don't know about Amazon, but if you haven't seen anybody complain about taking away phone support from Public Mobile, all I can say you probably didn't open your eyes when you peeked in their forum 😃 No I'm teasing here but fact is that Amazon is a clear cut service where you order stuff, and it gets delivered. There aren't too many things that can go wrong there, you can ship things back because you changed your mind or because it arrives broken, or you can complain about not receiving it. That is about all there is to Amazon and I agree that phone contact is not necessary in any of those cases. There are several reasons why a person may need (yes NEED) to contact a cell carrier urgently and where sending an email does not cut it at all. But that too is beyond the scope of this idea really, what Dennis is suggesting is not to needlessly upset callers into thinking they will be dinged with $5, when this is clearly not always the case. I hope Koodo will change the wording on their prompt 🙂
Userlevel 6
Chad Burr wrote:

Giffgaff has zero call centers and closen2 million customers. Doesn't seem to be a problem for them: https:/.giffgaff.com/
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Why not modify policy & just advertise that tech support is always free, and so is any advice you may need for the duration of the tab? And then price things accordingly, considering that our wallets get fleeced anyways on the last day of the billing month for anything we haven't used.
Userlevel 6
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Why not modify policy & just advertise that tech support is always free, and so is any advice you...

Why should tech support be free? It's not with most computer companies?
Userlevel 6
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Why not modify policy & just advertise that tech support is always free, and so is any advice you...

because we all know these "savings" won't be passed down to the customer, that's why
Userlevel 5
I would also like to add Dennis that, there are Koodo Customers who cannot read or read at lower levels than is required to go on line. These people are permitted to take drivers licenses and school/college examines, by someone who reads the questions and records the verbal answers, on behalf of the persons taking the exam's. The Koodo Executive is not the only company in Canada that plans poorly, as Tim Horton's increasingly requests that you "read" the digital billboard, peppered with "short forms" to confirm your order, for TWO coffees.
Why is this idea still UNDER CONSIDERATION and not posted for new clients as well as all customers?!
Amnon Michael Cohen wrote:

Why is this idea still UNDER CONSIDERATION and not posted for new clients as well as all customers?!

I shall try the *611 for my issue with the bill. Thanks Dennis
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you simply implement a tolerance policy: my first 3 dumbo calls are FREE...(I am a dumbo only because I don't know your rules, so that I can do it myself). Problem solved for a large percentage of callers. As it is, you have guys like the MobileMasters and others like me who do a lot of your heavy lifting for FREE.