Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Change Account Name on Phone Plan

How do I change the name on my account. I bought a phone for my daughter and put it under my name now she is old enough to be responsible for the phone. And I want to switch the account to be under her name.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Sure. Call up Koodo and ask them to do a Transfer of Responsibility. You'll give them authorization to release the account. Then your daughter can call in either during the same call (that way it's done in one shot) or she can wait up to 5 business days. She'll need 2 pieces of ID ready (preferred IDs are Driver's License and Canadian Credit card but there are others that can be used) to perform a credit check and see if she's eligible. I think there's a $25 fee, but I'm not 100% sure. If there is, it will show on her "first" bill.
Userlevel 4
Jonathan I wrote:

Sure. Call up Koodo and ask them to do a Transfer of Responsibility. You'll give them authoriz...

There is a $25 fee appearing on the new account's first bill
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

Sure. Call up Koodo and ask them to do a Transfer of Responsibility. You'll give them authoriz...

The account has to be in good standing and active for 90 days
Jonathan I wrote:

Can it be done at a koodo kiosk?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

Yes, you can. You and other person both go to kiosk with proper ID.
Jonathan I wrote:

A $25 fee seems a bit unreasonable to me. My mom opened my account because they insisted on a credit card and as a recently divorced woman, I had no credit history. A year later, I have a job and a credit card but spending $25 of my very hard earned dollars to have someone punch a few computer keys feels like I'm being taken advantage of.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

It's not like they just need your credit card to open a monthly/post paid account. They need to run a credit check and you have to pass it to open one.

They reduced a fee for it recently and it is now $10
Jonathan I wrote:

That is much better
Jonathan I wrote:

cell phone was in my husbands name, he has passed away, I would like it changed to my name and to keep the same number
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

You will have to call Koodo.  I am unsure of the process for death.  You may need to provide a death certificate and documents that show you are the executor of his estate
Jonathan I wrote:

I need to put my phone in my name, right now it's in someone else's name and I need to to have this done now. Please and Thank-you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

@Kimmy
Account owner have to call in and request to do a transfer of ownership ($10)
And you call in or go to a Koodo store to do a credit check on you.
If you passed it, you can have your own account.
Don't forget providing two pieces of ID for the credit check.

If you have more question, please use this link to start new post with more info.
https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/new
Thank you so much, I will give that a try!